The business world encompasses so much, it’s impossible to mention every possible career path you can take. From accounting to marketing, from large corporations to small business or not-for-profit organizations, from joining a great organization to becoming an entrepreneur, your career starts with your education in our Business Administration Program. Career Services is available to help you start your career path.
Business relates to any company or organization, including government and not-for-profit, that has a product or service to sell. That’s a very broad field, so your career possibilities truly are endless. Many people will tell you it makes a lot of sense to match your career with your interests and then find a like-minded business. Others say that keeping your options open to new opportunities is the best way to go. Ultimately, you will have to make your own decisions. Remember that most people entering the work force today will change careers from 3 to 6 times. So whatever you start with does not mean you have to finish with it. The sky’s the limit!
Where will your career take you?
Still not sure the Business Administration program is a good fit for you?
This might help you decided: What can I do with my degree?
You can also become a Canadian Certified Administrative Professional
Here are some business-specific sites where you can learn more about business careers:
- Chartered Financial Analyst Institute
- Canadian Securities Institute
- Association of Canadian Financial Officers
- Canadian Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- Canadian Bankers Association
- Financial Management Institute of Canada
- Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Credit Institute of Canada (CIC)
- Human Resources Professionals Association
- Association of Canadian Search, Employment & Staffing Services
- International Labour and Employment Relations Association
- International Personnel Management Association – Canada
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Project Management Institute (PMP designation)
- Invest Ottawa
- Trade Facilitation Office Canada
- Organization of Women in International Trade – Ottawa (OWIT)
- Canadian Marketing Association
- Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS)
- Marketing Research and Intelligence Association
- Canadian Institute of Marketing
- The latest marketing jobs
- Marketing job titles
Not quite what you were looking for? Maybe our Tourism and Hospitality Management program is?