REGISTER NOW for SHIFT Career Development!
A drop-in-style event designed for all students, soon-to-be graduates, and new alumni to help transition to professional life after university.
Featuring practice speed interviews: 30 minutes, 3 interviewers, 3 questions (must register in advance).
Register before December 8 for a chance to win a power bank!
Wednesday, January 17
– 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Self-serve snacks (whole event)
– 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Community Resource Hub (booths)
– 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Pop-up Shop for Resumes, Cover Letters, and LinkedIn Profiles
– 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. LinkedIn Headshots with Mount 101
– 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Keynote: Interview Coaching (Hybrid)
Thursday, January 18
– 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Self-serve snacks (whole event)
– 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Pop-up Shop for Resumes, Cover Letters, and LinkedIn Profiles
– 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. LinkedIn Headshots with Mount 101
– 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Chill Zone with Counselling Services
– 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Group 1 Speed Interviewing
– 2:15 p.m. to 3 p.m. Group 2 Speed Interviewing
– 3 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Group 3 Speed Interviewing
– 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wine and Cheese Networking Event
We’re open year-round to help all students and soon-to-be-graduates — up to 6 weeks after convocation — explore their career path. Wondering about your program choice? Looking to brush up on your cover letter, resume, or online profile? How about that job search during uncertain times? Applying to graduate school? We can help you find your way.
Did you know Career Connects is an online portal? Career Connects posts on campus and off campus jobs and students’ Co-curricular Record, a certificate that validates the competencies students earn during extracurricular activities.
Finding a job on campus and off campus
Looking for a job either on or off campus? We are holding some workshops to help! Find details on our Events & Workshop Materials page.
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
McCain 304 for appointments
Email or call to book an appointment with a Career Counsellor!
Follow our social accounts
We post regularly. It’s the best way to find out about career-related virtual events, workshops, student hiring programs, and resources as they’re announced.
Take a career assessment
How can the Strong Interest Inventory assessment — the most widely-used career planning tool — work for you? Watch the video and follow the instructions to get yours started.