Mount Saint Vincent University offers an internship program for Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science students. The internship program is an educational strategy that integrates your academic studies with one paid internship work term with an employer. By completing an internship, you will gain professional work experience in the corporate, government or non-profit sectors.
In preparation for your internship, the Co-op Office will help you with resume writing, cover letter development and interview prep. We host a student conference in January to talk about the internship process and navigating the workplace to help you succeed while on the job. During your internship, a member of the Co-op Team will complete a work site visit to ensure you are achieving your learning goals.
Successful completion of the internship program is comprised of:
- Setting objectives and creating a personal learning plan with your employer
- Completing a work site visit with a member of the Co-op Team
- Meeting with your employer to review the end of term employer evaluation
- Completing a work term report
Benefits of completing an internship:
- Apply what you are learning in the classroom to a real work environment
- Develop new skills and knowledge
- Be involved in challenging and rewarding work
- Offset some cost of your education with internship work term earnings
- Explore a career option
- Build your resume
- Develop a network of professional contacts
- Become more competitive for post-graduation employment