Contact: (902) 457-6250 or email@example.com
- What you need to access library service
- Full text on-line journal articles
- Government information and statistics
- Document delivery
- Research assistance
- Citation resources
Some resources are reserved for only Mount students and faculty. You will be requested to login to access these resources.
Online research resources
Login to the Mount Library’s online resources using your Mount username and password. This is the same one you use for myMount and Moodle.
Use your Mount ID barcode (starts with 293590. . . ) and password. (Your Mount webmail login will not work on the document delivery form).
Read more about document delivery.
MSVU ID cards
The library strives to help our online students succeed in their courses. In order to use our services, you must have a valid MSVU student ID card barcode and password.
1. Please request a MSVU ID card by completing the Request an ID card form. Your MSVU ID card is your library card.
2. At present cards are not being produced because the Mount campus is closed due to COVID-19, Your barcodes and passwords will be emailed to you. The barcode on this ID card is your username when logging in to the library’s document delivery services. The password is usually the last 4 numbers of the phone number you provided at registration. Please contact us if you experience any difficulties logging into the library’s services and resources.
Your myMount login is required to access most of our journal databases and ebooks.
1. Go to the articles & research web page
2. Choose the subject area(s) most related to your research topic
3. Search the database(s) most relevant to your research topic
4. Is the article full text? If it is, you can read/print/email the article on-line.
If not available in full text, click on the ‘Check for Full Text’ link to see if it is listed in the Mount’s subscriptions. If the article is not available online via the Mount you may use the Document Delivery (sometimes called Interlibrary Loan) form to have the item ordered and sent to you.
Not all databases provide full text access to their articles. If a link does not appear for the full text article try searching for the journal in our list of e-journals.
- Go to our Journals (A-Z list).
- On the journals page you can search for journal names using the convenient search box, or browse the alphabetical lists.
- Once you find the journal, click on the link to be taken to the journal.
- You can use your citation to find the year, volume and page numbers of your article.
Note: You cannot search for articles from the e-journals page. For articles, you must search the article databases.
If the journal is not available in our list of e-journals please consult the section below on document delivery service for distance students for suggestions on how else you might locate library materials.
E-books (electronic books)
MSVU subscribes to selected e-book collections
Government information and statistics
The Library maintains a list of frequently used Statistical Information, federal and provincial government web pages.
If the articles you need for your research are not available via MSVU Library’s online subscription you may request the article through our document delivery service. We will do our best to fill all requests although please be aware that some items may not be available through this service.
Document Delivery requests can be placed using the:
- ‘Request Document Delivery’ link in Novanet Discovery,
- ‘Check for Full Text…’ link in our databases
- ‘Request Item Through Document Delivery’ link on the Check for Full Text page.
- ‘Document Delivery’ on the Library Services page.
Research / Reference Assistance
Please ask our MSVU Reference Librarians for assistance at any time. We are here to help you!
RefWorks allows you to save and organize your citations. It will automatically format your bibliography in citation styles, such as APA, ASA, MLA, Chicago, and various other styles required in your assignments.
When accessing RefWorks you may be asked for the institutional code. The Mount Saint Vincent University code is: RWMSVU. You will then be asked for your username and password. If you have not signed into RefWorks before, you must create your own RefWorks account. You can do this by clicking on the link “Sign up for an Individual Account”
Please visit our RefWorks page for more information, including several online tutorials.