Honours in Biology
Are you considering graduate school or interested in developing research skills? The honours thesis (BIOL 4499) provides you an opportunity to experience hands-on scientific research. We are proud of our honours students, many of whom have entered the graduate programs at the University of British Columbia, University of Toronto, Ryerson University, Dalhousie University (Biology and Medical), Saint Mary’s University, Memorial University, and the Veterinary program at UPEI.
**Deadline for applications for admission to honours 2023-2024: March 1, 2024**
To apply, students must complete the following – Application for BSc (Honours) in the Department of Biology
Students are also required to take BIOL 3999 (Biology Colloquium) and BIOL/CHEM 3501 (Introductory Biochemistry).
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of a BSc Hons:
- Conduct your own research project
- Learn to work independently in the lab
- Gain hands-on experience
- Participate on a research team
- Develop valuable scientific skills (writing, presentation, critical thinking, etc.)
- Discover whether or not research is for you
- Build relationships with faculty, other honours students, and graduate students
- Have fun!