About the Language Lab
Language students go often to the lab for learning practice in a friendly environment. Some written assignments and even tests which have an aural component are done in the lab. The Language Lab is open to students on a drop-in basis, except for the conversation groups with monitors, which are by appointment. Monitors (senior students) are there to help you, not to grade you!
The Language Lab is located in Seton Academic Centre, room 333. It has 25 computers equipped with CD/DVD and Language Programs for student use, as well as a flat screen TV. The language lab supervisor is Enzo Le Doze.
In the Lab, you can…
- Obtain info about the French Placement Test if you are new to our French program
- Work at your own pace in an informal, friendly atmosphere
- Practice listening and speaking using Audacity
- Practice your pronunciation and vocabulary using Yabla and Rosetta Stone
- Work on the exercises from the Lab manual used in your courses
- Receive immediate feedback from lab monitors
- Create, spell-check, revise with Antidote and print your assignments
- Consult the reference library of real and on-line dictionaries and grammars
- Watch course-related videos and movies in the language you study
- Listen to French and Spanish music
- Browse magazines and newspapers in French, Spanish, and Chinese
- And more!
Fall 2023 Schedule
The Language Lab is open from Monday to Friday
from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
It is closed on Statutory Holidays.
To sign up for conversations, please go to the Language Lab Moodle page.
Here is the Monitors’ Schedule