The TLC supports faculty with preparing their courses and teaching. We support all course delivery modes, including on-campus, blended, multi-access, and online. We assist with developing course outlines and assessment structures, creating learning activities and assignments, designing inclusive learning environments, planning flexible learning for exceptional circumstances, creating content, selecting appropriate educational technology, exploring class management strategies, responding to teaching challenges and more.
Faculty teaching support can be requested by emailing email@example.com. Faculty have access to:
- One-on-one teaching consultations
- Weekly drop-in online consultation (accessible from the TLC Events Intranet page)
- Weekly email containing time relevant supports and resources (sign up for the faculty email list)
- Monthly drop-in faculty teaching discussion (information found on the TLC Intranet events page)
The Teaching and Learning Centre Intranet site is a teaching and learning resource for faculty. This site serves as the main source of information for faculty regarding the services and supports provided by TLC. This site contains a wealth of information, events, and resource material to support inclusive teaching and learning in a variety of delivery modes. The TLC will maintain the information on this site regularly. Site pages include: Teaching Development, Online Course Development, Adapting Your Course for Online Learning, TLC Workshops and Events, Resource Repository, Preparing Your Course for a New Term, Final Exams, Teaching Technology, and Online Learning. The following are main the primary teaching resource sites:
- Teaching and Learning Resource Repository – The TLC Intranet page contains a teaching and learning resource repository with resources to support faculty with many aspects of teaching and learning. It includes how-to instructions, articles, examples, checklists, videos, templates, webinars, guides, and more on a variety of teaching topics.
- TLC Stream Channel – The Teaching & Learning Centre uses this internal channel to post videos and webinars about teaching, learning, technology, and more.
- Teaching Support Yammer Site – This is an internal space for all faculty/instructors to share experiences, questions and make suggestions related to teaching. All faculty should be enrolled in this space. If you would like to be added or removed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TLC Workshops, Webinars and Events – The TLC intranet contains an events calendar with regular workshops, webinars, training sessions, and other teaching events for faculty. The list of events includes all upcoming TLC events and external events open to Mount faculty. Please note that some events require registration.
- Preparing an Inclusive and Accessible Course – This Moodle site is a resource hub containing guiding questions and examples you can refer to as you work to create or adapt, and lead a course that will be accessible and inclusive for all of your students. Whether you are teaching on campus or online, or somewhere in between, this resource supports faculty preparing for diverse students who are mobile learners often on the run, accessing, interacting and participating in various locations in a variety of ways.