About the Language Lab
Language courses require students to spend some time practicing in the Language Lab every week. Many written assignments and some class tests also have a listening component, which is done in the lab. The Language Lab is open to students on a drop-in basis, except for the conversation groups with monitors, which you have to make an appointment. Monitors (senior students) are there to help you, not to grade you.
The Language Lab is located in Seton Academic Centre, room 333. It has 25 computers equipped with CD/DVD and Language Programs for student use, as well as a flat screen TV.
Ms. Nathalie Serrurier is the Language Lab supervisor. You can reach her at 902 457-6247 or Nathalie.Serrurier@msvu.ca
In the Lab, you can…
- Take the French Placement Test if you are new to our French program
- Work at your own pace in an informal, friendly atmosphere
- Practice listening and speaking using Audacity
- Practice your pronunciation and vocabulary using Yabla and Rosetta Stone
- Work on the exercises from the Lab manual used in your courses
- Receive immediate feedback from lab monitors
- Create, spell-check, revise with Antidote and print your assignments
- Consult the reference library of real and on-line dictionaries and grammars
- Watch course-related videos and movies in the language you study
- Listen to French and Spanish music
- Browse magazines and newspapers in French, Spanish, and Chinese
- And more!
Fall 2021-22 schedule
The lab is open every day from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
On Tuesday, it is open until 6:00 pm.