Dr. Christine Doe
Office: Seton 475
Phone: (902) 457-5554
Fax: (902) 457-4911
Research and Teaching Interests
- Teaching English as a Second Language or Foreign Language (TESL/TEFL)
- The use of diagnostic language assessments by multiple stakeholders
- Impact of large-scale assessments on classroom instruction and student language learning
- Language teacher training
PhD, Queen’s University
- Doe, C. (2015). Student uptake of diagnostic assessment information. Language Assessment Quarterly: Special Issue Canada: Perspectives on Language Policy, Stakeholders and Assessment, 12(1), 110-135.
- Doe, C. (2015). One teacher’s take using a ‘test’ for diagnostic purposes. Journal for English for Academic Purposes. Special Topic: Assessment in EAP, 18, 40-50.
- Doe, C. (2014). Test Review: Diagnostic English Language Needs Assessment (DELNA). Language Testing, 31(4), 537-543.
- Cheng, L., Klinger, D., Fox, J., Doe, C., Jin, Y., & Wu, J. R. W. (2014). Interrelationships of Motivation and Anxiety with Test Performance across Three Testing Contexts: The CAEL, CET and GEPT. TESOL Quarterly, 48(2), 300-330.
- DeLuca, C., Fox, J., Cheng, L., Doe, C., & Li, M. (2013). Insiders’ accounts of the TOEFL iBT: Why the test taker’s perspective is essential. System, 41(3), 663-676.
- Doe, C. (2011). The integration of diagnostic assessment into classroom instruction. In Tsagari, D., & Csepes, I. (Eds.), Classroom-based language assessment, Vol 25. pp. 63–76, Language testing and evaluation. Frankfurt, Peter Lang.
- Doe, C., Cheng, L., Fox, J., Klinger, D., & Zheng, Y. (2011). What has experience got to do with it? An exploration of L1 and L2 Test takers’ perceptions of test performance and alignment to classroom literacy activities. Canadian Journal of Education. 34(3), 68–85.
- Zheng, Y., Klinger, D., Cheng, L., Fox, J., & Doe, C. (2011). Test-Takers’ Background, Literacy Activities, and Their Views of the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test. Alberta Journal of Educational Research, 57(2), 115–136.
- Doe, C., & Fox, J. (2011). Exploring the testing process: Three test takers’ observed and reported strategy use over time and testing contexts. Canadian Modern Language Review, 67(1), 29–54.
- Brook, J., Catlin, S., DeLuca, C., Doe, C., Huntly, A., & Searle, M. (2010). Changing perceptions of doctoral education: The PhD as pathmaking. Reflective Practice: International and Multidisciplinary Perspectives, 11(5), 657–668.
- J. Fox, M. Wesche, D. Bayliss, L. Cheng, C. Turner, & C. Doe (Eds.). (2007). Language testing reconsidered. Ottawa, ON: University of Ottawa Press.