Mount Mystic Alum are honoured!
After a two-year pause, the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) will finally add distinguished members to its Hall of Fame.
The 2022 CCAA Hall of Fame banquet will take place on Tuesday, June 14 in Halifax, NS. One builder, four coaches and three athletes from the Atlantic Collegiate Athletic Association (ACAA) will officially be inducted.
“We’re really looking forward to finally being able to recognize the accomplishments of our Hall of Fame inductees from the Maritimes,” said Vince Amato, CCAA President. “It’s long overdue, but it will be well worth the wait when we’re able to celebrate together in Halifax this June.”
The Class of 2022 will consist of the following individuals and the Mount Mystics are proud to be celebrating the accomplishments of all inductees, including four of our MSVU alumni!
– Jacques Boudreau, Coach – Mount Saint Vincent University
– Jason Carlson, Athlete – Mount Saint Vincent University
– Kim Fralick, Athlete – Mount Saint Vincent University
– Rick Plato, Coach – Mount Saint Vincent University
Additional inductees from the ACAA:
– Crystal Cernivz (MacFarlane), Athlete (St. Thomas University)
– Bev Greenlaw, Coach (University of King’s College)
– Judith Smith, Builder (Dalhousie Agricultural Campus)
– Edwin Welch, Coach (St. Thomas University)
With the addition of eight ACAA members in June, the CCAA Hall of Fame will expand to 64 total members (22 builders, 20 coaches, 22 athletes).
The CCAA will be releasing profiles on each inductee as we approach the CCAA Hall of Fame banquet. Please continue to follow the Mystics as we celebrate their accomplishments, and follow the CCAA on Twitter @CCAAsportsACSC or Facebook @CCAAsportsACSC for the profiles of all inductees.
The CCAA Hall of Fame banquet will be held at the Atlantica Hotel on June 14, 2022. The Mount has limited number tickets for this event, but welcome any alum or friends of our inductees to join us in this celebration. Tickets are $100 each. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org