Mount Saint Vincent University is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive environment for all undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies students with disabilities who attend the University. We work with students, staff and faculty to encourage a learning and community environment of equal access, diversity, inclusion and reasonable accommodation.
• Determine accommodations based on each students’ unique needs
• Provide support and resources for students and instructors
• On-going support for students who have concerns regarding their disability or accommodations
• Help students navigate the funding process with Provincial and Federal Governments to apply for service and equipment grants
• Training and education on assistive technology for reading, focus, talking notes, or obtaining accessible textbooks
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
To access academic accommodations, you must register with our office by completing our registration form. Students must also provide recent documentation from a healthcare professional which includes your diagnosis, the effect it has on your learning, and recommended accommodations. As this documentation should be no more than 1-5 years old, you may wish to check the documentation requirements and take steps to update your documentation before you arrive.
Students with permanent disabilities may be eligible to access the Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities to pay for services such as tutors or note-takers, and equipment such as a computer or assistive technology. To learn more about the eligibility criteria and application process, please contact your Province or Territory’s student financial assistance office. This is a wonderful opportunity to take advantage of before you arrive.