As a result of the campus closure and the move to online learning, all Registrar’s Office services will be provided online.

Please submit requests for service using the relevant e-mail accounts found at the bottom left of this web page.

As all staff are working from home, phone service cannot be provided.

Grades - Pass/Fail Information for Winter 2021

As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all students registered in Winter 2021 term courses have been given the option of requesting “P” (Pass) grades subject to the following conditions:

  • Undergraduate students will have the choice to accept their final course grade or request a grade of “Pass” (for grades of “D” or higher) for each of their courses in the Winter 2021 term.
  • Graduate students will have the choice to accept their final course grade or request a grade of “Pass” (for grades of “B-” or higher) for each of their courses in the Winter 2021 term.

Important Notes:

  • The “P” (Pass) notation will only apply to courses terminating in the Winter Term 2021. (Transfer credits and practica courses receive grades of “P” as standard.)
  • “P” (Pass) grades for the Winter 2021 term will be GPA neutral, meaning they will not negatively or positively impact a term or cumulative grade point average.
  • Courses with “P” (Pass) grades will still count towards a student’s degree completion requirements.
  • Only students with grades of “INC” or students who have petitioned for a grade of “DEF” by the Friday, May 14th deadline will still be able to request “P” (Pass) grades after Friday, May 14th.
  • Course instructors have been advised to submit regular course grades for Winter term. Once you receive all your final grades, you can accept your grade or choose a grade of “Pass” instead.
  • Once a request for a grade of “P” has been submitted, the decision is final. Once grades have been recorded on an official academic transcript they cannot be changed.

How can I request a grade of “P” (Pass)?

Starting at 9:00 am on Monday, May 3rd, 2021, you will be able to access the Grading Preference Confirmation Form. By clicking on this link, you can access the form and indicate what courses you wish to have grades of “P” recorded for. You can also access the form under Quick links – Forms on your myMount page.

You are asked to wait until all your grades are recorded before submitting your request to use the “Pass” grading option.

You will have until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 14th, 2021 at the latest to request your grading preference for Winter 2021 courses.

The Registrar’s Office team will begin processing the requests for grades of “P” on Monday, May 17th.

Note that it is up to you as the student to directly make the request for a “Pass” grade. This request should not be made through your instructor.


How do I submit my requests?

When do I submit my request?

  • After you have received ALL of your grades for the Winter 2021 term.
  • Between May 3rd and May 14th.

When is the deadline to submit my request(s)?

  • May 14th, 2021 at 4:30pm EST.

I have a grade of ‘INC” or ‘DEF’ for my course. Can I still request a grade change?

  • Yes, students with grades of ‘INC’ or ‘DEF’ can request a grade change AFTER they complete the course and receive a final letter grade of ‘D’ or above (i.e. ‘B-‘ for graduate students).

Who can request a grade change?

  • Undergraduate students who have received a grade of ‘D’ or higher
  • Graduate students who have received a grade of ‘B-‘ or higher

When will I see the grade change on my transcript?

  • Grades will be recorded on transcripts starting on May 17th.
  • It may take up to five business days before you see the change on your transcript.

I requested a ‘P’ for a course. Can I change my mind after the deadline?

  • No, once grade changes have been recorded, they are final.

Will a change to a ‘Pass’ affect my GPA?

  • No, a ‘Pass’ or ‘P’ notation on your transcript is GPA neutral, which means it does not affect your GPA.

Will a change to a ‘Pass’ affect admissions to another program?

  • Check with the institution before taking a “P” – keep grades that meet or are above the GPA admission requirement.

Should I change my grade to a ‘Pass’

  • A GPA of 1.7 or higher is considered good academic standing. If a grade for a course would drop your GPA below a 1.7, take the “Pass”.
  • Keep grades that will increase your GPA; that is, grades that are higher than your current cumulative GPA
  • Some Departments may advise against converting to a grade or “Pass” – check with your Department if you are planning an internship, co-op or practicum placement.

I am on Academic Probation. What should I do?

  • You can increase your GPA by keeping a grade of “C- or above”

I am repeating a course. Should I request a change to a ‘Pass’?

  • If you failed the course previously, but passed the course the second time, the ‘F’ grade will no longer be counted in the GPA. This will automatically increase your GPA. Deciding whether or not to choose the ‘Pass’ option instead of a grade depends on the grade you received in the course. See previous point “Should I change my grade to a ‘Pass’ ” for more information.
  • If you passed the course previously and are hoping to increase your GPA, choosing a ‘P’ will not increase your GPA. In that case, you may want to consider keeping your letter grade.

How does a ‘Pass’ affect my renewable scholarship?

  • To renew your scholarship, you must have original grades in 2.0 units (i.e. four courses) of coursework this academic year (Fall and Winter combined). Your Term GPA must meet the 3.50 or 3.70 requirement (depending on year of study).
  • Students registered with Accessibility Services who have a renewable scholarship must have original grades in 1.0 unit (i.e. two courses) of coursework this academic year

How do I know what my Current GPA is?

  • You can see your current and cumulative GPA on MyMount under Academic transcript

How do I check how my letter grade converts to a GPA scale?

  • Review the GPA chart on page 30 of the undergraduate academic calendar.
  • You can check whether your grades are higher or lower than your GPA prior to the Fall semester
  • Use the GPA Calculator tool at to determine how taking a ‘Pass’ will impact your GPA

I need help figuring out whether or not to convert my grade to a ‘Pass’!

  • Book an appointment with an Academic Advisor by accessing our online appointment booking page or emailing

A warm welcome from the Registrar’s Office at the Mount.

Staff members in the Registrar’s Office at the Mount are here to assist you from initial inquiry for admission/registration through to the proud day when you graduate and beyond.

Located on the second floor of Evaristus Hall, the Registrar’s Office is dedicated to providing service of the highest caliber to all of our stakeholders – prospective, current and former. Specifically, we can help with many academic and non-academic questions including the following:

  • Admissions and transfer credits
  • Course prerequisites and registration
  • Verification of enrollment and transcript requests
  • Degree, major, minor and concentration declarations
  • Important academic dates and regulations
  • Scholarships and financial aid
  • Examinations and scheduling
  • Degree audits and convocation

We look forward to supporting you in your educational experience at the Mount.

On the Spot Service at the Registrar’s Office Service Counter!

Did you know that you can get all of these things done right on the spot when you visit our Service Counter on the second floor of Evaristus Hall?

  • Confirmation of enrollment letters
  • Transcripts
  • Course Registration / Course Drop
  • Confirmation that graduation has occurred
  • Name and/or address change
  • Student information release
  • Withdrawal from University

Popular Links you need to know!

Forms (an A-Z list of all Registrar’s Office forms)

Transcript Request Information


Academic Calendars

Final Exams

Payment Options

Refund/Withdrawal Policies