Welcome to the Family Practice at MSVU
Patients are required to wear a mask while in the Centre. Please bring your own.
The Health Office is not accepting walk-in appointments. Patients who arrive, must have a confirmed appointment time.
Dr. Andrew Cumming
Dr. Cumming currently works Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays (can be subject to change) excluding public holidays, for both in person and phone appointments.
As a patient of Dr. Cumming, you have the ability to register through Pomelo which will enable you to book and cancel appointments online, receive appointment reminders as well as message staff at the office securely and receive important updates: Pomelo, book and cancel appointments online
You are also welcome to book your appointment by calling: 902 457 6354 and press option #2. You may need to leave a message but someone will return your call within the next business day.
Dr. Shalini Veerassamy
Dr. Veerassamy routinely works Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (can be subject to change) excluding public holidays and offers both in person and phone appointments.
If you would like to book an appointment with Dr. Veerassamy, please call 902 457 6354 and press option #3 or register through Pomelo which will enable you to book and cancel appointments online, receive appointment reminders as well as message staff at the office securely and receive important updates: Pomelo, book and cancel appointments online
Arriving and preparing for your appointment
- Complete any documents sent to you in advance of your appointment.
- Parking as of September 2021, may become challenging so we encourage you to leave plenty of time to find parking or have someone drop you off.
- There is a fee for parking: MSVU Parking
- For in-person appointments, please arrive at the clinic 10 minutes before your appointment time and check-in with our prescreening clerk or reception
- For phone appointments, please have your ringer turned on and monitor your phone in the minutes before your scheduled call.
- If you require a copy of results or health documents, all requests are to be sent via Pomelo as we are unable to release through email. A fee may also be charged depending on the request.
Following your appointment you may be required to have blood work or an x-ray. To book an appointment at a blood collection clinic you can call 902-473-2074 or toll-free 1-833-942-2298 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding holidays) or visit https://booking.nshealth.ca
For xrays: Patients with requisitions for general x-rays can book an appointment at this location online at https://booking.nshealth.ca or can call 902-473-7771 or toll-free at 1-833-952-2782, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. to schedule an appointment. Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please note: Unfortunately Dr. Cumming and Dr. Veerassamy are no longer accepting new patients. If you do not have a family doctor, please call 1-855-444-4415 or visit http://needafamilypractice.ca/ to be added to a waitlist.