Please note that while LimeSurvey is free to use, we regret that IT&S cannot create surveys for you. This is a self-service web application. It is the responsibility of the survey administrators/researchers to maintain their own surveys.
For LimeSurvey Users
LimeSurvey users (not participants) are responsible for:
- Requesting a LimeSurvey account and survey from the Research Office.
- Creating and supporting their surveys.
- Familiarizing themselves with the online documentation, including LimeSurvey administration, survey creation, survey testing, and data review.
- Being in compliance with FOIPOP regulations, Mount research ethics standards, and the Mount Password Policy.
For Information Technology and Services
IT&S is responsible for:
- Hosting the LimeSurvey application on a web server in the MSVU data centre.
- Nightly backups of the surveys and survey data.
- Creating accounts requested and approved by the Research Office.
- Providing links to online training resources.
- Ensuring the security of the survey data and servers.
- Providing support to the Research Ethics and Quality Assurance LimeSurvey administrators.