Internet Access – Wireless (WiFi) and Wired Access
The Mount offers high speed Internet access across campus.
CAMPUS WIRELESS NETWORKS
Eduroam lets people from other higher education institutions get internet access at the Mount. Find out more about Eduroam at the Mount.
- Mount Wifi
You can access the Mount’s secure wireless network by using your Mount email address and password.
I am a guest to the University; can I use the wireless network?
As a guest, the WiFi connection you use will depend on who you are and why you are visiting (you may be required to give your name and show ID in order to get login credentials):
- Conference attendees can be provided login information from the conference organizer.
- Guests in the EMF Library are to visit the Library circulation desk for a WIFI login.
- Visitors to residence can get login information from the Assisi security desk.
CAMPUS WIRED INTERNET ACCESS
- Campus community members can access the internet from any computer located on campus provided they have a Mount email address and password.
- Personal computer equipment may also connect to the internet from network jacks in the RBC Link, Seton Café and student residence rooms.
CAMPUS NETWORK ACCESS
Computer files or applications stored on the Mount campus network cannot be accessed from the wireless network. Campus community members must log on to a campus networked computer to access specialized applications and files.
HOME NETWORKING TIPS
Teaching and learning online from home can be affected by your home networking situation. If you are experiencing lagging or dropped connections when video conferencing, see the new Home Networking Tips webpage for ways to improve your home networking experience.
The IT&S Help Desk can provide additional information and assistance with accessing the Mount’s wireless network.
To help us best serve your Internet access requirements, please use this form to provide feedback.