Keeping you safe
Mount Saint Vincent University is committed to protecting the rights of everyone on campus while ensuring a professional, respectful and safe campus environment. We value respect for others and believe that safety and security are the responsibility of everyone on campus.
The Mount’s safety and security program includes a dedicated security team providing 24/7 service, as well as a comprehensive Emergency Response Plan in the event of a serious incident such as fire, severe weather or threats to personal safety.
The Mount is committed to sexual violence prevention and providing a trauma informed, survivor-centred response. Please read our Policy Against Sexual Assault and familiarize yourself with the resources available to help support victims/survivors and those affected by sexual violence.
Important contact information
- Fire, Police, Ambulance: 911 (If calling from a campus extension, dial 9-911. If 911 call is placed, please notify Campus Security immediately)
- Campus Security (24 hours a day, 7 days a week): 902.457.6111
- Campus Security (24 hours a day, 7 days a week): 902.457.6412
- Safety Officer: 902.457.6286
- Health Services: 902.457.6354
- Harassment and Discrimination Advisor: 902.457.6766
- Halifax Regional Police: 902.490.5020
- Halifax Regional Police Victim Services: 902.490.5020
Reporting an incident to Campus Security
All incidents are reported through campus security at 902.457.6111. Reports will be investigated and recorded by Campus Security or a delegated authority. You will be asked to provide the following information when reporting an incident to Campus Security, police and other emergency responders:
- your name
- your location (be as specific as possible)
- your phone number
- description of the event.