What information do I need to give when contacting the IT&S Help Desk?
Be prepared to answer identification questions, such as:
In person: Student/Employee ID card or number and a photo ID.
Over the Phone or email: Student/Employee ID card or number, Network Username, Your Full Name.

Where is the IT&S Help Desk Located?
The IT&S Help Desk is located on the lower level of EMF, Room 106.

How do I contact the IT&S Help Desk?
Phone: 902-457-6538

When is the IT&S Help Desk open?
Please see the IT&S Help Desk hours webpage.

Who is eligible to benefit from the services provided by the IT&S Help Desk?
Mount Faculty, Staff and Students can use the services of the IT&S Help Desk.

Who do I contact if I can’t login to a student lab computer?
Who do I contact if I can’t login to MyMount?
Who do I contact if I can’t login to Student Email?
For these issues you should contact the IT&S Help Desk.

How and how often should I clear Cache & Cookies on my computer?
Weekly clearing of cache and cookies is strongly recommended.
Instruction sheet

Should I save my work to the PCs desktop, network drive or USB drive?
The first thing you should always do before adding content to your document is name and save the document to a secure location. A secure location may be your Student/Employee network drive, OneDrive or a portable USB drive. It is also important to save your work often. Never save important information to the desktop of a Mount computer.

Can I get help for my home PC?
Some general advice or assistance related to Mount software or internet connection may be offered by the IT&S Help Desk Analysts. We can not offer troubleshooting or repair for non-Mount assets.

What operating systems does the IT&S Help Desk support?
Windows 10.

What MS Office suite is used at the Mount?
Complete list of software is available on the computer labs page.

Is there any information or tutorials for the MS Office 2016 suite?
Yes, click below for information guides.
Excel 2016
OneNote 2016
Outlook 2016
PowerPoint 2016
OneDrive 2016
Visio 2016
Word 2016
Sway 2016
SharePoint 2016

Free online training available from Microsoft

How do I set send and receive rules in Outlook 2016? Click here for an instructional video.

How do I setup my MSVU email on my home PC or my portable device?
Click here for information and instructions.

How do I set an auto reply in Outlook 2016?
Click here for information and instructions.

How do I take a screenshot from my PC?
Press the Print Screen button, and then in MS Word press the Shift and Insert keys together.

How do I wrap text around photos and images in MS Word 2016?
Watch the instructional video.

Where are the computer lab and public access computers located?
Detailed information is available on the Computer Labs page.

I have saved my work to the desktop and the computer froze what should I do?
Don’t restart the PC, contact the IT&S Help Desk, although it may not be possible to recover your work, IT&S will try to recover the file for you.

How can I check my student details held by the University?
The student portal MyMount gives you access to your information.

If my student information is incorrect, how can I change it?
Select the desired information change form from the Mount website.

I am unable to log on to Moodle? Where do I go for assistance?
For Moodle login support please contact the IT&S Help Desk.

How do I recover an over written document?
Right click on the saved file, from the list of options select restore a previous version.

What is the wireless network named at the Mount?

How do I get connected to the wireless network?
Ensure your wireless device is set to connect to Wi-Fi, when Mount-wifi is detected, select and connect. Login with your Mount email and password.
Note – For Android devices, try switching EAP methods to TTLS. Certificate: Do not authenticate.

Where can I connect my laptop with a wire cable?
In the Royal Bank Link, Seton Cafeteria, and all residence rooms.

I am a guest to the University; can I use the wireless network?

As a guest, the Wi-Fi connection you use will depend on who you are and why you are visiting, and you may be required to give your name and show ID in order to get a Wi-Fi login.

  • Visitors to residence can get Wi-Fi credentials from the Assisi security desk.
  • Conference attendees, your conference organizer will give you Wi-Fi credentials.
  • Visitors from other campuses can select the “eduroam SSID and log in with your home school credentials. Use your full email address as the username (ex. See the eduroam webpage for more information on Eduroam.
  • Guests in the EMF Library, please see the Library Circulation Desk for a Wi-Fi login.‎

What operating systems are supported by the wireless network?
Windows 10 and macOS.

Can I borrow a wireless laptop?
The EMF Library Circulation Desk has Laptops to sign out and use in the Library.

Can I access the network using a Wi-Fi enabled devices?
Yes, select and connect to “Mount-wifi”.


If I need some personal documents colour printed can I ask the IT&S Help Desk attendant for assistance? How do I get print credits to do that?
For information on printing click here.

Where do Students have access to colour printing?
EMF Information Commons and Evaristus 136.

Where can I see my printing balance?
This feature is only available from a computer lab or Info-Commons computer.  Click here for instructions.

How do I top up my printing cash balance?
The IT&S Help Desk or the Library Circulation Desk located in the EMF Library.

How can I reduce my printing costs?
“Check Twice Print Once”
a. Proof read your documents on the screen before printing.
b. Run a spelling and grammar check.
c. Check the printer settings, ensure you select duplex.
d. Check printer location, ensure you are sending to the correct location.
e. Always do a print preview, if everything checks out click print.

Can I print via the wireless network from my own laptop?
Yes, Web Printing is now available to a printer in the EMF Library’s Info-Commons or the Seton 406 Education Lab.
WebPrint Instructions.

Will my unused Printing balance roll over to next year?
Yes, your print balance is carried over.

What do I do if the student printers aren’t working?
Contact the IT&S Help Desk and give details of the problem, the printer and the location.

Is there a way for me to get reimbursed if the printer does not process my job correctly?
Each situation will be handled on an individual basis please contact the IT&S Help Desk.

Who do I ask for help if I am having trouble printing documents?
The IT&S Help Desk is there to assist you.

How do I print to a printer other than the default printer designated in a computer area?
When you select print, you will see a list of available printers, make your choice from the list. For detailed information click here.

How can I cancel my printing or check where it is in the queue?
The print delivery system is fairly quick, generally printing in less than 1 minute. Jobs would only remain in a print queue if there were a printer problem, such as out of paper. You can make a request to the IT&S Help Desk to cancel your print job.

My course has a high demand for printing required, are there reduced rates for large print jobs?
Each situation will be accessed on an individual bases, for details ask at the IT&S Help Desk.


How do I change my password?
How do I choose a secure password?
What should I do if I have forgotten my password?

Go to our Password page for detailed information.


How do I print double sided?
All Mount printers have been set to print by default to Duplex. If in doubt, right Click on the desired printer, select printing preferences, ensure duplex or two-sided printing is enabled.

How do I access my Mount computer from home?
Remote Access is available to Faculty and staff. You will need to request an account for this service at the IT&S Help Desk.

How do I use the voice mail features on my office phone?
I don’t have a phone just a “Ghost Mail Box” what features are available to me?
Click here for information and programming instructions for the Call Pilot system.

How do I access and use Mount voicemail from home?
Refer to the Bell Aliant Anypath instructions.

My family name has changed, so how can I get my staff username changed?
Select the desired option from the Mount IT&S Intranet Username Request Form.

How do I find out about scheduled and unscheduled system outages?
Check the MSVU System Status page.

What methods for connecting to the internet does the University provide?
Wired and wireless are provided at the Mount.

Where can I find video-conferencing facilities? And how do I book them?
Contact Conference Services.