Bounce Back is a support program for students who struggled during the Fall semester and who want to improve during the Winter semester. By participating in the program, you’ll have access to a series of Learning Strategist workshops and personalized support and resources that can help you achieve your goals. We’ll work with you to find the support that you need to bounce back to a better semester. Whether you’re a first-year student, a transfer student, or an upper-year student, there’s a program designed specifically for you.
Bounce Back Program
Bounce Back 1.0 - First-Year Students
Open to first-year students and new transfer students who want to improve their academic performance during the winter semester. As a participant in Bounce Back 1.0, you will have a chance to:
- Meet one-on-one with an Academic Success Coach (2-3 times per term) to identify your strengths and determine where you want to improve. Your Academic Success Coach will work with you to identify resources and learning strategies to help you reach your academic goals. Each meeting will be 30-60 minutes in length.
- Participate in Learning Strategist Workshops, including Bounce Back on January 27 at 10:00 am.
To register, complete this Bounce Back 1.0 registration form by January 29, 2021. Your Academic Success Coach will reach out to you after you’ve completed the form.
Bounce Back 2.0 - Upper-Year and Transfer Students
Open to upper-year undergraduate students (second year and above), who want to improve their academic performance during the winter semester.
Participants in Bounce Back 2.0 will:
- Attend the Bounce Back workshop on January 27 at 10:00 am to learn how they can build on their strengths to improve their overall academic performance.
- Attend Learning Strategist workshops throughout the winter term.
- Have the chance to work one-on-one with the Learning Strategist to develop learning strategies and skills to help you reach your academic goals.
To register, complete this Bounce Back 2.0 registration form by January 26, 2021. You’ll receive an email with the link to the Bounce Back workshop and other useful resources.
Learning Strategist Workshops
Bounce Back, January 27th, 10:00 am AST
Find out how you can reboot your semester with small changes that make a big difference.
Other workshops TBA
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does the program cost?
Nothing. Bounce Back and all Learning Strategist workshops are free for current MSVU students!
- Who is the program for?
Current MSVU students whose term GPA in Fall 2020 was under 1.7 or who failed a course during the Fall 2020 semester.
- Will I receive academic credit for participating?
No, but you can put it on your Co-Curricular Record!
- What if I can’t attend the workshops?
All Learning Strategist workshops are recorded, so you can catch up on any content you missed.
- How many times will I meet with my Academic Success Coach?
If you’re participating in Bounce Back 1.0, you will meet with your Academic Success Coach 2-3 times over the course of the semester.