Appointments are offered in-person or by phone. When booking your appointment time, we recommend allowing for one hour in case your appointment runs late. Please read our policy for cancelling appointments and our “no-show” appointment fee. All Mount registered students are required to register for Pomelo Health Myself to access the office. To register, send your Student Patient Profile Form to firstname.lastname@example.org and wait for the registration link.
The Doctors here at the health office do not replace or become your permanent Family Physicians and the Doctors are NOT able to see family members or dependents including newborns (we are able to support you during pregnancy).
Booking your appointment
Our Pomelo Health portal allows patients to book, cancel and reschedule appointments, and communicate and send files with clinic staff securely. You may also use your phone to manage your appointments. Urgent appointments may be booked by phone or by messaging us via the Health Myself portal.
Step 1: Complete the MSVU Student Patient Profile Form (fillable PDF opens in a new tab) and email it to Helen.Clark1@msvu.ca. Note: this email is only to be used for Pomelo registration. You will not receive an answer to health-related inquiries.
If you are unable to download the form or have any questions, please call 902 457 6354 and select option 0. Leave your name and phone number on voicemail and someone will return your call to assist you.
Step 2: Check your email for a message to register for Pomelo.
Step 3: Complete the emailed instructions within 5 days of it being sent.
Step 4: Use Pomelo to book, reschedule or cancel appointments, or to use the confidential messaging system to communicate with Health Office staff.
If you have any questions about the process, please call 902 457 6354 and select option 0. Leave a message with your name and phone number and someone will return your call to assist you.
If you are a current patient, please use the Healthmyself portal to securely message staff and to book or cancel appointments. If not set up please follow the steps above. If you have any questions you can call 902 457 6354 and select option 0, leave your name and email address for us to send you the link.
Preparing for your appointment
- Complete any documents sent to you in advance of your appointment.
- For in-person appointments, please arrive at the clinic 15 minutes before your appointment time and check-in at the reception desk.
- For phone appointments, please have your ringer turned on and monitor your phone in the minutes before your scheduled call.
- Please bring your provincial health card such as your MSI card. There is a fee for not presenting a health card or if it has expired. Fees can be put through to MSI to request a claim.
- International students who have Guard Me insurance, must present their international health plan card when booking their appointment and visiting the clinic, there is a fee if not presented.
- Requests to cancel or change your appointment date or time must be made by phone or through the Pomelo Health portal 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. Patients who do not attend their scheduled appointment or cancel without proper notice will be charged a cancellation fee, collectible before your next appointment. Call 902 457 6354 and press option 0 or log in to the Pomelo Health Portal.
International Students can be covered by Guard.me insurance. This is a great website to learn more about coverage and how to make a claim.
The MSVU Students’ Union also operates a health and dental plan available to domestic students attending MSVU. For further information you can follow the membership plan.
The Health Office provides a variety of services, including but not limited to:
- Doctors appointments for medical services (non-emergency)
- Triage nurse available for same day walk-in’s
- Flu shots (seasonally)
- Immunizations, including review for course and clinical plan out requirements.
- Tuberculosis testing (TB)
- Sexually transmitted infection screening (STI)
- IUD insertion and removal
- PAP tests
- Referrals to specialists
- Birth control education
Sexual Assault Services
The Manager of Health Services is available for help concerning an immediate sexual assault by calling 902 457 6354. You can also call the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) line at 902 425 0122. Please call as soon as possible. Our Sexual Assault Policy and Resources page also offer several resources to help receive the support you may need.
Mental Health Supports
Please book an appointment with a doctor for mental health concerns and support. MSVU Counselling Services offers great supports; please access their webpage for more resources and how to book a counselling appointment. You can also access online mental health support through the suite of resources available on Healthy Minds NS.