The CAPSAP Workshop is part of Culture and Perspectives on Sexual Assault Policy, an interuniversity research program that collects input on university sexual assault policies from students belonging to cultural communities represented within the following universities: Mount Saint Vincent University, Dalhousie University, Saint Mary’s University, and Cape Breton University, with support from the following community partners and funding agencies: Youth Project, YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth, Avalon Sexual Assault Centre, Community Justice Society, Delmore Buddy Daye Learning Institute, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), and Government of Nova Scotia.
When will the CAPSAP Workshop take place?
Participants attend on 3 days:
- Friday, March 26, 2021 | 9am-4pm
- Saturday, March 27, 2021 | 9:30am-4:30pm
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 | 3pm-5pm
Who is invited to participate?
Students of all genders, from DAL, CBU, SMU, or MSVU, who self-identify as belonging to one or more
of the following cultural groups:
- West African
- European ancestry
- African Nova Scotian
- Receive $200 and two co-curricular credits
- Learn about and discuss university sexual assault policies with other university students
- Take part in discussions and arts-based activities about the sexual assault policies.
- Participant thoughts and representations will inform a planned virtual training resource for university staff who support survivors. No prior knowledge is required.
How do I register?
Send a short voice recording or email (50 to 100 words is fine!) to CAPSAP.Coordinator@msvu.ca telling about (1) your cultural background, and (2) what interests you about the CAPSAP Workshop. You may also mention your gender-identity if you are comfortable doing so, to help us produce a workshop that is inclusive across genders.
Spaces are limited! Register early to receive a package of art supplies to use during the workshop. (These packages will be distributed by post to the extent possible given time and distance).
Registration is ongoing.