Fitness Class Program
Fall 2021 Fitness Schedule
September 7 – December 11, 2021
Classes are a mixture of in-person, virtual and hybrid.
- Before you purchase an in-person or hybrid program, please review our vaccination protocol.
- Please check the class schedule (link above) for details on individual classes.
- Virtual classes require a link so please ensure you register 72 hours in advance of the first class.
- In-person and hybrid classes require you to book your spot in advance:
- In-person only capacity limit: 15 participants
- Hybrid capacity limit: 12 participants
- Please read the booking information section below.
We have returned to our regular membership fee pricing structure.
These prices will be available by August 30, 2021.
- Community Memberships – click here
- MSVU Faculty & Staff Memberships – click here
- Mount Student Memberships: No additional charge. These classes are included in your student All-Access Fitness and Facility pass. Click here for additional information.
Want to take the fitness class in person?
Here’s how you book your spot!
- Limited space. Classes can be booked 7 days in advance.
- Community Members: Call 902-457-6420
- MSVU Students, Faculty, Staff Memberships:
- Book online using your MSVU email account.
- Click the green “Book your spot today” button below.
- This will take you to the Accessing Campus website. Under the Mount Fitness Centre section, please click “Book a Fitness Centre appointment”. Log in using your MSVU credentials.
- Select “Fitness Class Booking”
- Select the date and time. Please book the time slot that the fitness class falls in.
- Contact information: Enter your full name, valid email address and phone number. This information is required for contact tracing. Providing inaccurate information could void your booking.
- Click the blue “book” button.
REQUIRED: Enter your full name, valid email address and phone number. This information is required for contact tracing. Providing inaccurate information could void your booking.
To Register for our Fitness Program:
Please call 902-457-6420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you new to our hybrid and virtual programs and wondering if this is the right program for you? Wonder no more! With your fitness program registration, if you are not satisfied after your first 7 days, we will issue a full refund.
Fitness Class Descriptions
Descriptions for 2021 Spring and Summer programs. Not all classes offered in the summer session.
A unique class combining ballet-inspired moves with elements of Pilates, dance, yoga & strength training. Classes incorporate standing & mat work using classic dance moves and static stretches. Barre also focuses on high reps of small range movements. Done in bare feet using a chair & minimal equipment. For all skill levels.
This total body endurance training class will focus on toning your muscles and raising your heart rate to burn calories. With a combination of motivating music, energetic instruction & simple body weight/resistance band exercises you will LOVE how you feel when class is done.
HIIT BOX :
Are you looking for a quick & effective total body workout that strengthens the body, mind AND spirit? In this 30 minute class you’ll get awesome cardio, strength & endurance challenges in manageable intervals for all levels to feel successful.
LOW impact. HIGH intensity! This MOUNT signature workout is the perfect way to build bodies, not break them. Using minimal equipment, you will do both strength and cardio intervals for a class experience like NO OTHER! Spark your metabolism and burn calories like a pro.
Combining full-body strength training moves with high intensity cardio bursts designed to tone muscles, improve your endurance and enhance your overall well-being. Burn more fat/calories in less time! Suitable for all age-groups.
Rock your cardio and challenge your brain with basic step aerobics. Then target muscle strength and endurance with safe & effective weight training. Use of dumbbells, stability balls & other resistance tools will make this feel like a total body challenge!
TOTAL BODY 45:
A high intensity interval training (HIIT) class, alternating between short periods of strength and cardio exercises. This class works the whole body and is exciting, fun and quick to do. Increase your fitness level, build lean muscle, burn calories, and increase energy.
Looking for a challenge? Try this total body system workout that incorporates high intensity exercise bouts with short rest intervals. Not recommended for beginners.
A must-do class that combines different Yoga styles and will improve your strength, flexibility, balance and peace of mind. The perfect break in your day to leave you calm and refreshed. Suitable for all levels.