Moving in During COVID-19 – FALL 2020
Fall Move-In days begin: official Opening – Sept 6th – 8th
Sunday, September 6th and Tuesday 8th @ 9am (Westwood Apartments ONLY) by appointment
Monday, September 7th @ 9am (Assisi Hall and Westwood 3rd Floor) by appointment.
We are excited to be welcoming students back for Fall 2020!
Well we know that everyone is eager to come to campus there are often many emotions and feelings that surface as you prepare for this new adventure. Please continue to check here for more information with regards to moving into the new MSVU Caring Community. We look forward to meeting you in September.
Appointment sign up times will be available by August 15th.
Arriving from outside of Canada or outside of the Atlantic bubble
Students will need to:
- Arrange their 14-day isolation off campus. Due to Covid-19, we require all residents who are coming from outside of Canada or outside of the Atlantic provinces to self-isolate and quarantine for 14 days prior to moving into Residence.
- Please contact the International Education Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org to register and if needed, request support with setting up your self-isolation plan.
- Any support person travelling with the student must adhere to the 14-day isolation program, off campus prior to arriving with the student for move-in.
Arriving from within the Atlantic bubble
Students will need to:
- Register for move-in prior to arrival and select a move-in appointment.
- Complete a Covid-19, pre-screen questionnaire – Health Assessment Form
- Register a support person, if one will be present for move-in and provide full name, contact info and pre-screen questionnaire
Move-in Day Procedures for ALL Students:
Appointments are required. Students who arrive without a pre-booked move-in time will be subject to refusal on that day and will be required to book on a different day.
- Check-in will be on Seton Road at the Assisi Parking Lot
- Only the residence student and 1 designated support person will be permitted on campus.
- All students and any accompanying support persons must complete a Covid-19 Pre-Screening before being checked in
- Move-in appointments are 1 hour in duration
- Masks are required for all students and support persons
- Support persons are required to leave residence after 1 hour
- Designated doors will be determined based on residence area and areas must be cleared by the end of the move-in time allotted.