Moving in During COVID-19 – Winter 2021
Winter Move-In days begin: January 9th – 10th – By Appointment
We are excited to be welcome students for Winter 2021!
Well we know that everyone is eager to come to campus there are often many emotions and feelings that surface as you prepare for this new adventure. Please continue to check here for more information with regards to moving into the new MSVU Caring Community. We look forward to meeting you in January.
Appointment sign up times will be emailed to you.
Arriving from outside of Canada or outside of the Atlantic bubble
Students will need to:
- Arrange their 14-day isolation off campus if arriving before January 9th. Due to Covid-19, we require all residents who are coming from outside of Canada or outside of the Atlantic provinces to self-isolate and quarantine for 14 days.
- Please contact the International Education Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org to register and if needed, request support with setting up your self-isolation plan.
- Any support person travelling with the student must adhere to the 14-day isolation program, off campus prior to arriving with the student for move-in.
Arriving from within the Atlantic bubble
Students will need to:
- Students will receive an email from Residence Life confirming your arrival appointment date and time.
- Complete a Covid-19, pre-screen questionnaire – Health Assessment Form
- Register a support person, if one will be present for move-in and provide full name, contact info and pre-screen questionnaire
Move-in Day Procedures for ALL Students:
Appointments are required. Students who arrive without a pre-booked move-in time will be subject to refusal on that day and will be required to book on a different day.
- Check-in will be at the Assisi Hall – Entrance Lobby.
- Only the residence student and 1 designated support person will be permitted on campus.
- All students and any accompanying support persons must complete a Covid-19 Pre-Screening before being checked in
- Move-in appointments are 1 hour in duration
- Masks are required for all students and support persons
- Support persons are required to leave residence after 1 hour
- Designated doors will be determined based on residence area and areas must be cleared by the end of the move-in time allotted.