MSVU subscribes to the Azure Dev Tools for Teaching which provides access to applications such as Microsoft Project Professional.
Azure Dev Tools for Teaching is to be used by faculty and students for STEM-focused instruction. Any course that has a focus on using Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics in their curriculum is eligible to use Azure Dev Tools for Teaching to help faculty teach and students learn more effectively.
On Campus Computer Labs:
Microsoft Project is installed in various computer labs on campus.
Secure access to a lab computer can be achieved remotely using the MSVU Remote Computer Access Portal from your device using your MSVU login credentials.
Faculty and Staff MSVU Computers:
Microsoft Project can be installed on MSVU computers, please contact the IT&S Help Desk to request a ticket for installation identifying application to be installed and asset number of computer.
Faculty, Staff and Student Personal Computers:
Faculty and students in STEM Departments may download the software from the Education Hub.
Processor – 1.6 gigahertz (GHz) or faster, 2-core
Operating System – Windows 10, Windows Server 2019
Memory – 4 GB RAM; 2 GB RAM (32-bit)
Hard Disk Space – 4.0 GB of available disk space
Display – 1280 x 768 screen resolution
Graphics – DirectX 10 graphics card for graphics hardware acceleration
Follow these steps to download the software from the Education Hub:
- Click Sign In located on the right side of your screen.
- You will be prompted to verify your identity by using either a text or call to received a verification code. You will be asked for a phone number to do this verification – for the country code select Canada (+1).
- You will be presented with the Welcome to the Azure Education Hub screen.
- Click on Download Software.
- You will be presented with 140 items, type Project in the search bar.
- Select Project Professional 2019.
- You will be presented with a software download block, click on the blue Download button.
Take note of the software product key – copy the key as you will need it later in the installation.
- Go to downloads folder on your computer to located a long named file with dvd.iso at the end.
In windows 10 if you double click it, it will mount the it like a dvd drive with a drive letter.
- Go to that new drive letter, click the setup.exe to install. It does not give you the option where to put it.
- You will be presented with the installing office screen – it will take a while to complete.
- A window will pop up: You’re all set! Office is installed now. Hit close.
- To locate the application to open, go to the windows start button:
– you may locate Project under recently added
– or you can scroll though applications.
– or you can type project in your search bar.
- After starting Project for the first time, you will be prompted to enter your product key (the one you copied earlier)
You could right click on the new dvd drive letter and select eject to dismount the iso.
You could delete the ProjectPro2019 iso to free up 3.3GB on your drive.
MSVU licenses this subscription. There is no direct cost for eligible users.