The Research Office is collaborating with both the Library and IT&S to provide the MSVU Research Community with information and tools that correspond with the Tri-Agency’s new Data Management Policy which is designed to support research excellence by promoting sound RDM and data stewardship practices.
- Institutional strategies: By March 1, 2023, research institutions subject to this requirement must post their RDM strategies and notify the agencies when they have been completed.
- MSVU is currently in the process of drafting the University strategies.
- Data management plans: By spring 2022, the agencies will identify the initial set of funding opportunities subject to the DMP requirement. The agencies will pilot the DMP requirement in targeted funding opportunities before this date.
- MSVU is working towards creating a draft DMP for use by the University community.
- Data deposit: After reviewing the institutional strategies and in line with the readiness of the Canadian research community, the agencies will phase in the deposit requirement.
- MSVU will share with the University community best practices, tools, sites for deposit, etc. as they are developed or received.