Welcome (and welcome back) Mount students!
~A message from Paula Barry Mercer, AVP, Student Experience
As another great year gets started, I wanted to take a moment to share some exciting updates.
Top 5 enhancements to your student experience for fall 2017
1. We have an app for that! Download the new (free!) Mount App now for quick access to your schedule, grades, campus map, news and events, and important numbers and links. [Learn more]
2. We are better positioned to help you! Check out our new Student Services Help Desk on the lower level of EMF, ask Carrie any questions you have about our services, and book appointments with Counselling, Accessibility Services, the Writing Centre, and more! On a related note, the IT helpdesk has moved next door to a bigger space to serve you better! [Check out this A to Z listing of Mount Student Services.]
3. Transfer students: we’re here for you! We have a new Transfer Student Coordinator, Robyn McIntosh, available to answer any questions you may have. You can reach Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org. [More information just for transfer students]
4. We now have a wikuom on campus! This past summer, the Mount became the first university in Nova Scotia to install a wikuom. Watch for upcoming opportunities to learn more!
5. Our first Well Women’s Clinic is Friday, September 29th at the Health Office in Assisi Hall (2nd floor) from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. It’s best to make an appointment to see the doctor during the clinic (review medications, update blood work, or get a pap or breast exam, for example), but you are welcome to pop in to check out the vendors or chat with nurse Maxine Brewer, Manager of Health Services at the Mount. There will be treats, massage services, chiropractic services and nutrition services available. [Learn more about Health Services at the Mount]
Paula Barry Mercer
Associate Vice-President, Student Experience
Mount Saint Vincent University