Following is a high-level summary of MSVU’s strategic planning process:
- The Strategic Planning Working Group (SPWG) was formed in the winter of 2019.
- The SPWG’s inaugural meeting was held on May 27, 2019.
- The SPWG developed stakeholder questions (to guide consultations); completed an environmental scan; outlined process; and reviewed raw data and plan drafts.
- Six months of comprehensive consultations took place both on and off campus (completed February 6, 2020).
- A first draft of the plan was shared for feedback in late May 2020. Subsequent iterations incorporated feedback received from students, faculty and staff.
- Plan endorsed by Senate on October 30, 2020.
- Plan approved by the Board of Governors on November 26, 2020.