We realize that this pandemic is affecting all of us differently and the supports needed will vary by individual. If you need help with any aspect of the pandemic response, please be in touch. The MSVU community is here to help.
- Mental health supports
There’s no question that these are difficult times. The pandemic has taken a toll on the mental health of many. Supports are available.
- For students: MSVU Counselling Services: email@example.com; Good2Talk NS Helpline for Postsecondary Students: 1-833-292-3698
- For faculty and staff: Employee & Family Assistance Program (or EFAP) via Morneau Shepell (free, confidential counselling services) – visit the EFAP website or call 1-844-880-9142.
- For all: Wellness Together Canada is a free, online, 24/7 mental health and substance use support portal provided by the Government of Canada. Visit wellnesstogether.ca or call 1-866-585-0445 (Adults, 18 or older), 1-888-668-6810 (Youth, below 18) or text WELLNESS to 741741 (Adults), 686868 (Youth) to connect with a professional for support.
- Health Office: MSVU’s Manager of Health Services, Maxine Brewer, RN, is available to advise on COVID-19 related health and safety matters. She can be reached at Maxine.Brewer@msvu.ca.
- Office of Student Experience: Students with general inquiries can contact the Office of Student Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Centre for Academic Advising and Student Success (CAASS) and Registrar’s Office: Students with questions about academic planning can contact the CAASS at email@example.com or the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Human Resources: The MSVU Human Resources team is available to assist faculty, staff and supervisors with COVID-19 related personnel matters and can be reached at email@example.com.