On Thursday, January 27, the 47th Annual Learners & Leaders Conference, hosted by the MSVU Department of Business and Tourism, will give students the opportunity to connect and network with experienced industry professionals, draw inspiration from entrepreneurs who started with a dream, and be guided by exceptional keynote speakers and human resources professionals from various industries.
The conference, which will be held virtually on Zoom again this year due to the pandemic, is Learning Passport eligible for MSVU students.
Conference program details
10:30 – 11:30 a.m. | Human Resources Panel
- Nick Beynon, CEO, Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR)
- Peter Halliday, Group HR Manager, Enterprise Holdings, Atlantic Canada
- Elliot Isenor, Director of HR, Fox Harb’r Resort
- Blair Thompson, People and Culture Specialist, Grant Thornton
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. | Keynote
- Jennifer Angel, CEO, Develop Nova Scotia
1:30 – 2:45 p.m. | How to Network in a Virtual World
- Natalie Frederick-Wilson, Business Advisor, Student Programs Manager, Centre for Women in Business