Currently Living In
MSVU Program of Study
- MA in Child and Youth Study
MSVU Grad Year
Samantha’s MSVU Experience
- “The support and guidance I have received at the Mount have been overwhelming – I’ve had opportunities that I never previously would have thought possible.”
- “I’ve had the amazing experience of being able to write about and study a topic that has always been near and dear to my heart: Indigenous youth and their experiences with the youth Criminal Justice System and Foster Care system. This would not have been possible if it wasn’t for the Indigenous Student Centre, open mindedness of my supervisor, Dr. Fernando Nunes, my thesis committee (Patrick Small Legs- Nagge and Dr. Shane Theunissen), the Child and Youth Study Department and the university as a whole,” she said.
Standout MSVU Achievement
- Senate Award of Distinction
Where Is She Now?
- Program Officer, Public Health Agency of Canada, and part-time instructor in Child & Youth Study at MSVU
- Continuing to be part of the MSVU community through part-time teaching
Call to Action
- “Access to post-secondary education for Indigenous youth is an important stepping stone in one’s path to success. Having access to education not only supports one’s own ambitions, but also supports the greater community.”