Twenty-seven of those students also received awards recognizing their diligence, hard work and academic achievement.
The Valedictorian Prize was awarded at each of the two ceremonies to valedictorians Margaret Langley (Master of Education) and Tracey Taweel (Master of Public Relations).
Ms. Taweel (Halifax, NS) was also the recipient of the President’s Prize, as was Bachelor of Public Relations graduate, Jeffrey deViller (Yarmouth, NS). This prize is awarded to graduates whose generosity, energy and commitment helped to enrich the University during their time at the Mount.
Kappa Gamma Pi awards for scholarship, leadership and service were awarded to Lauren McLean, Bachelor of Public Relations and to Denise Corra, Master of Public Relations.
Carol Thompson, (Halifax, NS) Master of Science in Applied Human Nutrition, was the recipient of the Graduate Thesis Award.
Two faculty members were also recognized for their commitment to students and teaching. Donovan Plumb, Associate Professor and Coordinator, Life Long Learning, Education Department, was given the Instructional Leadership Award and Mme. Denise Nevo, Associate Professor, Modern Languages Department, was awarded the Alumnae Award for Teaching Excellence.
Senate Medals were also presented to students graduating with distinction and the highest aggregate in their respective program. The recipients were:
- Stacey-Ann Pyke, Bachelor of Arts – Dartmouth NS
- Sally Elizabeth Colwell, Bachelor of Arts (Honours) – Halifax, NS
- Amanda Jean Gallant, Bachelor of Arts (Child and Youth Study) – Lower Sackville, NS
- Michael Quinn, Bachelor of Applied Arts (Information Technology) – Halifax, NS
- Jason Robert Nicholson, Bachelor of Business Administration – Crapaud, PE
- Heather Marie MacFarlane, Bachelor of Public Relations – Halifax, NS
- Jenifer Jackson, Bachelor of Science (Distinction) (Advanced Major) – Halifax, NS
- Marilyn Power, Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality Management – Halifax, NS
- Stephanie Sajatovich, Master of Education (Curriculum Studies) – Halifax, NS
- Nancy McLean, Master of Education (Teaching English as a Second Language) – Port Williams, NS
- Mary Macdonald, Master of Education (Educational Foundations) – Halifax, NS
- Daniel Criss, Master of Education (Educational Psychology) – Sheffield Mills, NS
- Stephanie Holder, Master of Education (Elementary and Middle School Education) – Sussex, NB
- Alayne Power, Master of Education (Literacy Education) – Bayside, NS
- Amber Mather, Master Education (Lifelong Learning) – Miramichi, NB
- Julia Steeves, Master of Arts Psychology – Halifax, NS
- Andrea D’Sylva, Master of Arts (Women and Gender Studies) – Halifax, NS
- Jolinne Kearns, Master of Public Relations – Blind River, ON
- Carole Thompson, Master of Science (Applied Human Nutrition) – Halifax, NS
- Donna Dill, Master of Arts (Family Studies and Gerontology) – Dartmouth, NS
For more information contact: