Student job program on campus
We know the main job of a student – is to be a student – so the Student Works program offers full-time students with financial need the convenience of an on-campus job that works around their schedule.
Fall & Winter Program (part-time employment)
- Offers part-time, on-campus employment from late September to late March.
- Students may work up to 12 hours per week.
- Apply for Fall/Winter jobs in September.
Spring & Summer Program (full-time employment)
- Offers full-time on-campus employment between May – August.
- Students work 32.5 hours per week.
- Apply for Spring/Summer jobs in March.
What are the wages?
Student Works wages are 100% subsidized by the Financial Aid Bursary budget at Mount Saint Vincent University.
Effective September 1, 2023, the hourly rate will increase to $17.00/hour plus 4% vacation pay.
To be eligible to apply for the Student Works program, students must:
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the Student Works application
- Be a FULL time Mount student for the 2023/24 academic year (registered full-time in both Fall and Winter terms)
- Be registered for a FULL Winter term (and FULL Fall term) course load before applying to Student Works
- Be living in Canada and available to work on-campus
- Have a valid Canadian social insurance number and bank account
- Hold a valid study permit (if an International student)
Where can I find available Student Works positions?
Student Works job postings are found on Career Connects.
How do I Apply?
Students may apply for multiple Student Works positions; however, if offered more than one position, each student may only accept one Student Works job.
Send one email that includes cover letters for ALL of the Student Works positions you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your email should use the subject: Student Works [Your Name] and have ALL the attachments listed below. Please note, if you are working from OneDrive and want to attach a file to an email, you cannot “Share link.” You must choose “Attach as copy.”
Your email must include the following items:
- Complete the Fall 2023 Winter 2024 Application
- Proof of Student Loan or Student Line of Credit
- One resume (PDF preferred) with your name in the file name
- Personalized cover letters for each job you are applying for (PDF preferred) with the Career Connects Job ID number and your name in the file name. For example: Job ID 1234 Kyla Friel
- Applications must be complete for consideration. Applications that lack information and/or documentation, or includes information that is not clear or current, will not be considered. Students not registered full time in both Fall and Winter terms will not be considered.
Email your completed package to email@example.com by the deadline indicated on the Career Connects posting.