Student job program on campus
We know the main job of a student – is to be a student – so the Student Works employment program offers full-time students with financial need the convenience of an on-campus job that works around their schedule.
Fall & Winter Program (part-time employment)
- Offers part-time, on-campus employment from late September to late March.
- Students may work up to 12 hours per week.
- Apply for Fall/Winter jobs in September.
Spring & Summer Program (full-time employment)
- Offers full-time on-campus employment between May – August.
- Students work 35 hours per week.
- Apply for Spring/Summer jobs in March.
What are the wages?
Student Works wages are 100% subsidized by the Financial Aid Bursary budget at Mount Saint Vincent University. The hourly pay is currently $14.00/hour, plus 4% vacation pay.
To be eligible to apply for the Student Works program, students must:
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the Student Works application
- Be a FULL time Mount student for the 2021/22 academic year
- Be living in Canada
- Have a valid Canadian social insurance number and bank account
- Hold a valid study permit (if an International student)
Where can I find available Student Works positions?
Summer 2021 Student Works job postings are found on Career Connects.
How do I Apply?
Students may apply for multiple Student Works positions; however if offered more than one position, each student may only accept one Student Works job.
Send one email that includes ALL of the Student Works positions you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your email should use the subject: Student Works [Your Name] and have ALL the following attachments:
- Summer 2021 Student Works Application
- One resume (PDF preferred) with your name in the file name
- Personalized cover letters for each job you are applying for (PDF preferred) with the Career Connects Job ID number and your name in the file name. For example: Job ID 1234 Kyla Friel
Email your completed package to email@example.com by Thursday, March 25 at 4:00PM.