A leader in your school and community
Mount Saint Vincent University is pleased to offer the Student Leadership Awards to new students who have exhibited high standards of leadership and achievement prior to attending the Mount. The Student Leadership Awards consist of a room in residence at no charge. The number of awards available may vary from year to year.
Leadership can be demonstrated in areas such as:
- School leadership, eg: participation on Student Council or membership in school clubs;
- Volunteer activities in your community, e.g. work at a food bank, local hospital or church;
- Participation in arts activities, eg: membership in a band, choir or creation of visual arts;
- Participation in sports either as a player or coach/manager;
- Political involvement at the municipal, provincial or federal level;
- Participation in the activities of non-governmental organizations such as OXFAM,
- Canada World Youth, Canadian Red Cross.
Student Leadership Awards consist of a room in residence at no charge subject to the following criteria:
- The award consists of the room only, award recipients will be required to purchase the minimum meal plan associated with the room
- The award will be for one academic year only, it is not renewable;
- Recipients must be entering their first year of study at the Mount;
- Recipients must meet all the normal academic requirements for admission to the Mount;
- While in receipt of the award, recipients must remain in good academic standing in their program of study, i.e. recipients may not be on academic probation;
- Recipients must maintain full time student status while in receipt of the award;
- Recipients will meet with the leadership group once per term and will liaise with an advisor on a per term basis.
Students interested in the Student Leadership Award should provide the following no later than March 1 to the following address:
Office of Student Recruitment, Evaristus 226
Mount Saint Vincent University
166 Bedford Highway, Halifax, NS
- A completed Student Leadership Award Application Form;
- A 500 word letter of intent addressing the following topic. “Looking forward as a student leader, describe what type of leadership you will bring to the Mount community”
- A detailed resume; and
- Two letters of reference from people who are familiar with your achievements.
Application Deadline: March 1