Mount Saint Vincent University – PCTWP
Mount Saint Vincent University’s Post Care Tuition Waiver Program (PCTWP) is an initiative aimed at making post-secondary education more accessible for former youth in care by waiving tuition (full program) and mandatory program fees for eligible students. A pilot phase of the program has begun in January, drawing from current MSVU students. A full program launch is planned for September 2021 with ten waivers available. The current pilot will be under review and evaluation for planning of Fall 2021.
PCTWP Eligibility Criteria:
- Have lived in care for a minimum of one year (cumulative or accumulated) in the Nova Scotia child welfare system or Mi’kmaw Family and Children’s Services of Nova Scotia as defined by the Children and Family Services Act, 2017
- Must consent to a Release of Information for verification process with Nova Scotia Community Services
- You are entering or working towards completing your first certificate, diploma or degree program and have obtained an offer of admission from MSVU, meeting your desired program admission requirements. If you have completed other post-secondary schooling, your file will be reviewed for eligibility. 2+2 students from NSCC will be considered with priority
- Full time and part time students are eligible for the PCTWP
- Willing to meet with the PCTWP coordinator to explore other sources of funding and orientation to MSVU, including meeting with a PCTWP navigator
- Not currently receiving the NS Department of Community Services’ Educational Bursary Program for Children in Care.
- Must complete application to PCTWP to include an Educational/Academic Plan, Financial Need statement and any other extenuating circumstances the PCTWP coordinator may need to know in determining eligibility.
Once your PCTWP application has been submitted and screened for eligibility you will be asked to submit supporting documentation for the verification process with the Nova Scotia Department of Community Services – DCS – to complete your application.
Please email your questions and comments to PCTWP@msvu.ca
MSVU PCTWP application is closed for 2021
Application is available in PDF form, please download, fill and email or mail completed applications to:
Mount Saint Vincent University
166 Bedford Hwy Halifax, NS B3M 2J6
Application deadline is May 31, 2021. Applicants will be contacted to confirm eligibility, verification if applicable and details of funding. Mount Saint Vincent University reserves the right to change criteria based on funding available.