Mount Saint Vincent University’s Post Care Tuition Waiver Program (PCTWP) is an initiative aimed at making post-secondary education more accessible for former youth in care by waiving tuition (full program) and mandatory program fees for eligible students. There are ten waivers available for each Fall term.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2022/2023 Academic Year.
PCTWP Eligibility Criteria:
- Have lived in care for a minimum of one year (consecutive or accumulated) in care in the Nova Scotia child welfare system — including Mi’kmaw Family and Children’s Services of Nova Scotia and the Nova Scotia Home for Colored Children – or have received Youth Services between the ages of 16 – 18 via signed agreement, as defined by Section 19 of the Children and Family Services Act.
- Have obtained an offer of admission from MSVU, meeting your desired program admission requirements.
- Complete a PCTWP application — including verification of eligibility, an Educational/Academic Plan and a Financial Need Assessment and provide documentation to support any other extenuating circumstances to assist in determining eligibility.
- Entering or working towards completing your first certificate, diploma or degree program. If you have completed other post-secondary schooling, your file will be reviewed for eligibility. 2+2 students from NSCC are eligible to apply for the PCTWP.
- Full time and part time students are eligible for the PCTWP
- Willing to meet with the PCTWP coordinator to explore other sources of funding and orientation to MSVU, including meeting with a PCTWP navigator.
- Not currently in receipt of (nor eligible to receive) the NS Department of Community Services’ Educational Bursary Program for Children in Care or the Post-Care and Custody Agreement
How To Apply:
All applicants must seek verification by contacting the Disclosure Program: We require verification of past child welfare involvement to ensure eligibility for the PCTWP. They will provide you with a letter of verification.
Department of Community Services
Toll-free (within Canada): 1-833-424-2755
2131 Gottingen Street, 3rd Floor
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3K 5Z7
Complete the PCTWP Application 2022-2023 available in PDF form, please download, fill (including your MSVU student number) and complete all sections.
Send Verification Letter received from the Disclosure Program and the PCTWP Application and any other relevant documents to: PCTWP@msvu.ca or by mail:
Mount Saint Vincent University
166 Bedford Hwy Halifax, NS B3M 2J6
All complete applications must be received by May 31, 2022. Late submissions will not be considered.
Please email your questions and comments to PCTWP@msvu.ca
Mount Saint Vincent University reserves the right to change criteria based on funding available.