Mount Saint Vincent University is proud to participate in Project Hero. Project Hero is an initiative co-founded by Honorary Lieutenant-Colonel Kevin Reed and Retired General Rick Hillier to provide support to children of Canadian military who have fallen while serving in an active mission.
The Project Hero Award is awarded annually to full-time undergraduate students in a first degree program. Applications must be submitted to the Admissions Office by March 15th for the following Fall/Winter academic year.
The recipient must be:
- a dependent child of a Canadian Forces personnel fallen while serving in an active mission*;
- under the age of twenty-six;
- a citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- meet admission requirements for the University;
- registered as a full-time student at Mount Saint Vincent University in a first undergraduate degree program.
- continue to be registered as a full-time student in a first undergraduate degree program;
- maintain good academic standing;
- renewable for up to four years for a 15.0 unit degree and five years for a 20.0 unit degree.
Base undergraduate tuition; not including ancillary fees such as Students’ Union fees, distance fees, U-Pass, etc. These fees will continue to apply and must be paid by the due date established for all students.
The fiscal status of the award will be in accordance with Canadian Income Tax legislation. Revenue Canada T4A tax receipts will be issued for the value of the base tuition.
*Dependent Child: eligibility will be determined by Canadian Forces criteria
Full-Time Study: 3.0 units or more during an academic year (September to April)
Good Academic Standing: Term GPA of 2.00 or higher
Application Deadline: March 15