44th annual Learners & Leaders conference takes place October 25
On Thursday October 25th, 2018, the 44th Annual Business & Tourism Conference at Mount Saint Vincent University will connect university and college students with the best in Atlantic business.
The only university-based event of its kind exclusively for undergraduate business students in Nova Scotia, the conference will feature experienced CEOs and human resource specialists, leading entrepreneurs and other industry experts. The day-long conference will highlight important skills for young professionals, offering a glimpse of what it takes to succeed after graduation. (See full speakers list and other session highlights below.)
The conference is open to Mount Business & Tourism students as well as Mount students from any other program, NSCC Business & Tourism students, and members of the public.
“At the Mount, we seek to make as many experiential learning opportunities available as possible, recognizing the connection between hands-on opportunity and student success,” said Dr. Peter Mombourquette, Chair of the Mount’s Department of Business and Tourism. “The Learners & Leaders conference has been bringing classroom lessons to life for more than 40 years. It’s a long-standing and well-attended tradition for our students.”
When: Thursday, October 25th, 2018, time details below
Where: Multi-purpose Room, Rosaria Student Centre, Mount Saint Vincent University, 166 Bedford Highway [map]
For full conference details click here.
• 9:45 a.m. – Morning Keynote – Kevin Robinson, CEO, Robinson’s Cannabis
• 11 a.m. – CEO Panel featuring:
– Sara Napier, President & CEO, United Way Halifax
– Craig Lynk, VP Finance & Treasury, Atlantic Corporation Ltd
– Mark Lever, President & CEO, Saltwire Network
– Marie Mullally, President and CEO, Credit Union Atlantic
– Patrick Sullivan, President and CEO, Halifax Chamber of Commerce
– Doug Nugent, Group Rental Manager, Enterprise Holdings
• 1 p.m. – Student workshops featuring:
– The Centre for Women in Business, “Business Pitch”
– Enterprise Management Trainee Program, “Start an Amazing Career”
– CPA Atlantic School of Business, “Join the Pros”
– Ali Breen, Millennials Career Coach, “Personal Branding and Networking for Emerging Leaders”
• 3 p.m. – Human Resource panel featuring the input of more than 20 HR directors from across the industry
• 6:45 p.m. – Evening keynote (and dinner): Alisa Alyward, Regional Operating Officer, RBC
About Mount Saint Vincent University
Recognized as a leader in distance and experiential learning, and based on a strong tradition of social responsibility, Mount Saint Vincent University takes a personalized approach to education to nurture socially responsible global citizens. Founded in 1873, the Mount has been nationally recognized for having one of the lowest student-to-professor ratios, for providing students early access to valuable research opportunities, for its legacy in the advancement of women, and for facilitating critical advancements in food security, healthy aging, literacy, and childhood development.
Media are welcome to attend. Those interested in attending or interviewing any of the individuals mentioned above are asked to make arrangements via Gillian.Batten@msvu.ca.
Mount Saint Vincent University