We want to see you succeed! In addition to offering our international students free assignment and language support, our highly competent and informed English for Academic Preparation instructors at the International Education Centre have also put together a comprehensive set of academic resources that you can access at any time. These Power Point presentations have been developed to assist international students with their transition to the Canadian classroom and in response to their vast array of writing needs.
Language Assistance & Resources
Tutorial and Academic Support
Need any help with grammar, listening, reading and speaking skills? Wish to polish your assignments with regard to sentence-level writing, such as grammar and punctuation, and navigating the transition to writing in an academic context? Meet with our EAP instructors.
1. Individual Tutorials
- 30-minute appointments
- Work with EAP instructors on language skills or class assignments
- 30-60 minute skill-based sessions
- Delivered by qualified instructors
3. Study Groups
- Academic skills
- Facilitated by EAP instructors
How to Prepare for an Appointment:
- Email a copy of your assignment sheet, course outline or any other related documents to give the tutor an idea of assignment expectation.
- Email a copy of your work to be reviewed before your appointment.
- Come with questions and what you need assistance with.
- Understand that the tutor is going to work with you; we are not an editing service.
Note: students are permitted 1 appointment per week, based on instructors’ availability.