Tutorial and Academic Support:
The International Education Centre offers MSVU international students free assignment and language support. In addition to assisting with grammar, listening, reading and speaking skills, we also work on improving sentence-level writing, such as grammar and punctuation, and navigating the transition to writing in an academic context.
How to Prepare for an Appointment:
- Email a copy of your assignment sheet, course outline or any other related documents to give the tutor an idea of assignment expectation.
- Email a copy of your work to be reviewed before your appointment.
- Come with questions and what you need assistance with.
- Understand that the tutor is going to work with you; we are not an editing service.
How to Book an Appointment:
*students permitted 1 appointment per week, based on instructors’ availability*
1. Individual Tutorials
- 30-minute appointments
- Work with EAP instructors on language skills or class assignments
- 30-60 minute skill-based sessions
- Delivered by qualified instructors
3. Study Groups
- Academic skills
- Facilitated by EAP instructors