Mount Saint Vincent University (MSVU) is committed to being a model of creative teaching and research that nurtures socially responsible global citizens. With a unique blend of passion and individuality, MSVU is a university with unparalleled social impact at home, across the country and around the world.
- Average 73% on the numerical scale, or
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Completion of at least 2 semesters at home institution
If English is not your first language or the instruction language at your institution, please submit one of the following documents as your proof of English proficiency:
- TOEFL iBT: 84 with no score below 21, or
- IELTS 6.5 with no score below 6.0, or
- CAEL 70 with no score below 60, or
- other official documents may be considered upon request
Applicants need to apply through the coordinating department responsible for exchange programs in your home institution. The coordinators need to nominate your students by emailing the following information to Mahx Mason at email@example.com:
- Full name (Given Name, Middle Name, Family Name)
- Date of birth
- Program in home institution
- Intended term(s) of study
- Email address
- May 20 for Fall Semester (September – December)
- Sep 20 for Winter Semester (January – April)
- Jun 20 for Fall Semester (September – December)
- Oct 20 for Winter Semester (January – April)
- Fill out the Incoming Exchange Application Form (The form is fillable PDF, so please fill it out on your computer.)
- Email the following documents to Mahx Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- the completed Application Form
- original transcript (in English)
- proof of English proficiency
- course descriptions (in English) of all the courses you have completed in your home institution
All exchange students must register in a full time course load, which ranges from 3 to 5 courses.
* Note that 5 courses would be the number of courses that a student would complete per semester if they plan to complete their degree on time. This means that 5 courses can be seen as equivalent to 30 ECTS.
*All course requests submitted are pending approval based on the following criteria:
- Space in the class
- Completion of any necessary prerequisites as evaluated by the course professor considering the request
Incoming exchange students are required to purchase medical insurance through MSVU upon their arrival.
The cost of Medical Insurance:
- CAD$654 for a full academic year (2020-2021)
- prorated for students participating in a one-semester exchange
Residence and Meal Plans
Students who would like to live on campus need to apply online: http://www.msvu.ca/residence.
The approximate cost is CAD$5500 per semester (2020-2021).
Study Permit Needed or Not:
If you intend to study for more than one academic term (i.e. a full academic year exchange), a study permit is required. For more details: www.cic.gc.ca
Visa (or eTA) Needed or Not:
Please check if you need a visa or an eTA to enter Canada:
Explore the City - Halifax, Nova Scotia
Halifax is the provincial capital of Nova Scotia. It is a major port city on the Atlantic Ocean and is one of the finest harbors in the world. It is closer to Europe than any other east coast port of call, while Toronto and New York are just two hour away from Halifax. With 8 post-secondary institutions in the Halifax Regional Municipality, we are home to 50,000 students each year. Halifax is considered Canada’s smart city! Learn more.
Connect with us
Questions regarding nomination, application, and admissions for exchange students, please contact:
International Partnerships Coordinator
Mount Saint Vincent University
International Education Center (SA101C)
166 Bedford Highway, Halifax, NS, B3M2J6
Questions regarding exchange agreements and policies, please contact:
Manager, International Education Centre