What is international education?
The Canadian Bureau of International Education (CBIE) defines international education as “a comprehensive approach to education that intentionally prepares students to be active and engaged participants in an interconnected world. [It is] education that transcends national borders by the exchange of people, (researchers, students, and staff) travelling to study, volunteer or work as part of a program.” Please visit CBIE’s full Introduction to International Education in Canada to learn more (the link goes to CBIE’s website).
Our mission is to:
- Guide students through the opportunities and challenges associated with pursuing an international education, including immigration, settlement, and language and academic transitions;
- Provide trusted and accurate information relating to all aspects of international education;
- Collaborate with all members of the community to support equity and inclusion in international education.
Our vision is that:
- Students are confident and capable scholars, community members, and global citizens;
- Students have a fun and memorable experience at MSVU;
- International students feel empowered as valued and respected members of the community.
Our values include being:
- Empathetic, curious, and humble in all our interactions;
- Professional in the expertise we offer;
- Conscientious in the support we provide;
- Equitable and inclusive in our services and programming.