GuardMe and MSI

NOTE: Banner images should be placed in this first content block and should be at least 720px wide.

GuardMe International Health Insurance

International Students are automatically signed up and charged for an annual emergency medical insurance through GuardMe International Health Insurance. Your international student insurance is an emergency plan. It does not cover your dental work, glasses, or any pre-existing health conditions. Learn more about your GuardMe International International Health Insurance.

If you have questions about your GuardMe coverage, please visit the Mount's Health Office located in 2nd floor in Assisi building or call: 902-457-6354, or you can download the GuardMe More Canda Benefit Summary

Nova Scotia Health Card (MSI)

After 12 consecutive months of living in Nova Scotia, you may be eligible to apply for MSI, which is the regular Nova Scotia Health Card -- don't miss this option!

People coming to Nova Scotia from outside the country who hold a Study Permit that is valid for a minimum of 12 months or 1 year, can apply for coverage the first day of the 13th month following the date of arrival in Nova Scotia as a student (providing they have not been outside the province for than 31 consecutive dats except in the course of their studies).

A student arriving in Nova Scotia in July cannot apply until August of the following year. For continuous coverage, a copy of each Study Permit must be submitted to MSI and a declaration must be signed each year. Persons on a Study Permit are eligible for insured services in Nova Scotia only. Services rendered while outside the province would be the responsibility of the individual.

Dependent children under the age of 19are granted coverage on the same basis as their parents once the applicant has gained entitlement.

To find out more about applying for the MSI, you can visit the Government of Nova Scotia website.