What you need as a international student
Here’s a check list to ensure that you have everything you need to prepare for your arrival at Mount Saint Vincent University (you can also download the International Student Checklist as a PDF):
- Receive acceptance letter from the Mount.
- Pay CAD$500.00 international student deposit (all fees listed are in Canadian dollars) to accept your offer to study at the Mount. Deposit can be paid here: https://forms.msvu.ca/applynow/payonline/Default.aspx
- Ensure your passport is current OR renew your passport if it has expired
- Apply for a study permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada (visit www.cic.gc.ca for more information). If you are studying for less than 6 months, you do not need a study permit.
- Apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV), if you need one, through Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- Apply for residence: MSVU Residence Application and pay the $500 deposit. If you have any questions, please contact the Housing Office.
- Apply for New International Student Orientation or contact the International Education Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Contact the Academic Advising Department at email@example.com for assistance with registering for classes and course selection. If you have not received an email regarding a username and password for our online portal MyMount, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your username and password. Please provide your name, student number and date of birth.
- Register for classes online through MyMount. Use this guide to help you with registration: MyMount Guide
- Buy travel and medical insurance that will be valid until the Mount’s health-insurance plan begins on September 1.
- Travel to the Halifax International Airport (International Airport Code: YHZ). Find out more about Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Travel to the Mount’s Assisi Hall, 166 Bedford Highway, Halifax where you will pick up your room key. Please let the taxi driver know that he/she should wait until you receive your key and they should drive you to your residence so you don’t have to walk with all your luggage.
- Ask the Assisi Hall switchboard operator to notify Kay Balite, International Student Advisor (Phone number: +1-902-457-6488) of your arrival.
- Attend New International Student Orientation activities in August.
If you have any questions about what to do next, please email us at email@example.com.