COVID-19 has changed how we operate to keep you safe during this pandemic.
To keep your health and wellness a top priority, we have:
- followed the NS Public Health guidelines to ensure safe operations so Mount Students can return to the Mount Fitness Centre and gymnasium!
- adapted to provide in-person workouts for Mount students, with individual workout ZONES and a minimum of 6 feet physical distancing. Get in the Zone with 13 Zones in the Fitness Centre with a variety of equipment and 6 zones in the AGB Gymnasium for sports and activities.
- created online booking system so you can fit us into your daily schedule with ease! This online system allows you to book your workout time, 24-72 hours in advance.
- created a “MSVU University Activities Waiver – Athletics Department” for participation in activities within the Mount Fitness Centre and the Athletics & Recreation Office. Please ensure you take the time to read it carefully prior to arrival. You will need to sign the document prior to participation in our programs or activities.
- introduced a mask policy: masks are required while inside the MFC. Masks can be removed when exercising and directly engaged in physical activity in your zone but are required at all other times.
- limited our capacity
- limited our hours of operation
- enhanced our cleaning practices
- created a contactless sign-in process that will include a daily health screening questionnaire
- installed Plexiglass barriers
- installed an additional hand sanitizer station
- closed the locker rooms and showers
For those of you who cannot access campus:
- we have adapted to provide virtual workout options for students, staff, faculty and community members. Check out what we can offer you today!