Please review the Student CCR Guidelines (PDF – 292 KB) for more information.
If you are involved in your community outside of the classroom, on campus or off campus, you’re eligible to add these activities to your Co-Curricular Record (CCR) with proper validation from a recognized supervisor. Supervisors must be a university staff or faculty member for on-campus activities, or a staff member of a recognized organization in the case of off-campus volunteer work or professional development activities.
There are seven (7) categories of activities which are eligible:
• Student Leadership (i.e. executive positions in student government, campus societies, or athletics, Residence Assistant or Don)
• Varsity Athletics Participation (i.e. team member)
• Student Club/Society Involvement (i.e. member)
• Student Awards (Awards excluding Scholarships awarded by the university scholarship committee due to the fact that those scholarships will be documented on the Academic Transcript.)
• Professional Development (training outside of class – i.e. First Aid/CPR certification, non-violent crisis intervention, conference attendance and conference presentations)
• Volunteer work (on-campus or off-campus)
• Global Engagement A: On-campus: involvement in Buddy Program, fundraising for international development cause; B: Off-campus/Canada: intercultural competency training, volunteer work with Immigration Settlement Association Nova Scotia (ISANS), or similar NGOs in other provinces; C: Off-campus/Abroad: international volunteer activities through NGOs or church.