IBM SPSS and AMOS
The following instructions are for installing SPSS and AMOS on personal desktop computers.
You will need your authorization code(s) and application download which can be accessed by authorized users from the link found at the bottom of this page. Contact the IT&S helpdesk at 902-457-6538 or email email@example.com if you can not access the download site.
Important: To install, you must be logged on to your computer with administrator privileges.
- Open the zip file located on the download site.
- Double-click the application folder to access the .exe file.
- Click the .exe file and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Be sure to select authorized user license and enter the code when prompted.
Using the license authorization wizard when not prompted to enter code
You might be prompted for administrator credentials. If the License Authorization Wizard does not prompt you to enter an authorization code, you can launch it by choosing License Authorization Wizard in the Windows Start menu program group for IBM SPSS/AMOS. You must run as administrator. Right-click the License Authorization Wizard shortcut and choose Run As Administrator.
Updating and renewing IBM SPSS/AMOS
The license will need to be renewed each year. To do so access the download site for the new authorization code (or codes). For instructions on using the authorization code(s), see using the license authorization wizard above.
You do not need to uninstall an old version of SPSS before installing a new version. Multiple versions can be installed and run on the same machine. However, do not install the new version in the same directory in which a previous version is installed.
Installing SPPS for MAC
- Mount the installer disk image by double-clicking the file that you downloaded.
- In the mounted disk image, double-click the installer file, and then follow the instructions.
- You must run the License Authorization Wizard to license your product. To launch the License Authorization Wizard, click License Product on the Welcome dialog or click the License Authorization Wizard icon in the IBM SPSS Statistics application folder.
- Select Authorized user license. When prompted, enter one or more authorization codes.