|7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Open and Sign In
|Free Play Activities in the younger playroom (choice of activities)|
|8:30 a.m.||Older room opens|
|9:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.||– Snack
|11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Lunch in younger room|
|12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.||Lunch in older room|
|12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.||Nap and quiet time for “non-nappers”
(games and activities that promote turn-taking, relational activities, prediction skills, part-whole relationships, number-and-letter recognition and spelling words)
|2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||– Last of sleepers awakened
– Quiet play, washroom, story and afternoon snack
|3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.||– Circle time
|4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.||– Free-play in one playroom
– Teacher-directed activities
– Pick up
Arrival and Departure Procedures
- Arrival times are flexible in order to meet the family’s needs and schedule.
- Upon arrival children and their families are greeted, made to feel welcome, and information about the child’s night, morning or weekend is exchanged. This information is shared with all teachers in order to support the team approach, in which all teachers interact with all children and are responsible for their care.
- Children are assisted to say good bye in ways that meet their individual needs – for example some children like a snuggle while others are taken to the window to wave good bye and others need only an invitation to join an activity.