International Graduates

Welcome to the MSVU alum family!

You are now part of a community of international Mount grads from over 100 countries. You may have left the classroom, but you will forever have a network of support from Mount friends, colleagues and faculty members.

We understand the struggles that international graduates can face after graduation, so we are here to support you in any way we can.

Please see below for frequently asked questions. Please keep in touch, and if you have any additional questions, please reach out to

How do I get my permanent residence?

As a recent graduate, you may qualify to apply to become a Permanent Resident through the Canadian Experience Class Program.

How do I get a work permit?

To apply for permanent residency, one of the requirements is 12 months full-time employment. To get started, you will need to apply for a post-graduation work permit.

Click here to see if you meet the qualifications.

I need help finding a job.

Starting the job search process can be a daunting task. Take advantage of individual career counselling from Career Services for up to three months following graduation.

Access resources from Career Services

I want to connect with an International Alum.

We have an amazing group of international alum who want to be your mentor. Meet up with them for a coffee and learn about how they developed their careers!

To connect with an alum, please reach out to