Non-degree status is intended for students who wish to take courses without being enrolled in a degree program. Students entering the University under this status are not admitted formally to the University and are not registered as degree students.
Individuals who are accepted as non-degree students may complete up to five (5.0) units of undergraduate coursework without applying for formal admission to the University.
- Submit Non-Degree Student Application online.
- Pay application fee.
Conditions, Rules and Policies
- The University’s English Language Proficiency requirements must be met.
- Course prerequisites must be met.
- Official transcripts are issued for non-degree students.
- Non-degree students are subject to all University rules, regulations, and policies, including student conduct, and academic requirements.
- Non-degree students may be suspended from registering for courses for non-compliance of University rules, regulations, and policies. If course registration privileges are suspended, non-degree students may not re-register for courses until they have been offered formal admission to the University. Non-degree students who are denied registration may appeal in writing to the Registrar.
Formal Admission to the University
- Non-degree students may initiate the formal admission process by submitting a formal online application to the Admissions Office. Please refer to section 2.1.4 Admission Requirements and 2.1.6 Additional Admission Requirements for specific admission requirements or contact the Admissions Office.
- Students who have already paid a non-degree application fee will not be required to pay another application fee.
- Courses completed as a non-degree student may be considered as part of the admission decision process.
- Upon admission, courses completed as a non-degree student may count as transfer credits towards the student’s academic program, if applicable.
- Only students who have been formally admitted to a degree program may graduate with a Mount Saint Vincent University degree, diploma, or certificate.
Academic Note: This web-based calendar information is applicable for the 2021-2022 academic year which runs from September 01, 2021 to August 31, 2022.
For information on previous years, please consult the University Academic Calendars web page.
Copyright Mount Saint Vincent University. All Rights Reserved – Disclaimer