2020-2021 Academic Year
Non-degree status is intended for students who wish to take courses without being enrolled in a degree program. Students entering the University under this status are not admitted formally to the University and are not registered as degree students.
Individuals who are accepted as non-degree students may complete up to five (5.0) units of undergraduate coursework without applying for formal admission to the University.
- Submit Non-Degree Student Application online.
- Pay application fee.
Conditions, Rules and Policies
- The University’s English Language Proficiency requirements must be met.
- Course prerequisites must be met.
- Official transcripts are issued for non-degree students.
- Non-degree students are subject to all University rules, regulations, and policies, including student conduct, and academic requirements.
- Non-degree students may be suspended from registering for courses for non-compliance of University rules, regulations, and policies. If course registration privileges are suspended, non-degree students may not re-register for courses until they have been offered formal admission to the University. Non-degree students who are denied registration may appeal in writing to the Registrar.
Formal Admission to the University
- Non-degree students may initiate the formal admission process by submitting a formal online application to the Admissions Office. Please refer to section 2.1.4 Admission Requirements and 2.1.6 Additional Admission Requirements for specific admission requirements or contact the Admissions Office.
- Students who have already paid a non-degree application fee will not be required to pay another application fee.
- Courses completed as a non-degree student may be considered as part of the admission decision process.
- Upon admission, courses completed as a non-degree student may count as transfer credits towards the student’s academic program, if applicable.
- Only students who have been formally admitted to a degree program may graduate with a Mount Saint Vincent University degree, diploma, or certificate.