General University Entrance Requirements for Applicants Transferring from Other Institutions
- Transfer applicants must submit official transcripts (sent directly from the issuing institution to the Admissions Office) of all work completed at the post-secondary level. Admission decisions will be based on a review of this work with emphasis on the most recent levels of academic achievement. The Admissions Office may request additional information including high school transcripts.
- Students who have been academically dismissed elsewhere will not be considered for admission until at least 12 months have passed since the dismissal took effect.
- Please note that some programs have specific entrance requirements for transfer students. Please consult the program description for the degree as these additional requirements are also binding.
- Meeting the minimum requirement does not guarantee admission.
- Transfer applicants from a post-secondary institution may be admitted under the following:
- Students who present a GPA of 2.0 or higher and who meet the specific program requirements may be admitted to their program of choice.
- Students who lack the required admissions average and/or are missing specific admission requirements may be considered for admission on conditional standing. Conditions for acceptance may include such requirements as:
- Upgrading courses and/or additional coursework
- Being required to take the Academic Success course
- Meeting with an Academic Advisor
Failure to disclose all previous post-secondary study at the time of application may result in dismissal from the University.
Admission to some programs may require specific prerequisites and/or academic average levels. See 2.1.6 Additional Admission Requirements for further details.
Academic Note: This web-based calendar information is applicable for the 2020-2021 academic year which runs from September 01, 2020 to August 31, 2021.
For information on previous years, please consult the University Academic Calendars web page.
Copyright 2020 Mount Saint Vincent University. All Rights Reserved – Disclaimer