2020-2021 Academic Year
General University Entrance Requirements for Applicants Transferring from Other Institutions
- Transfer applicants must submit official transcripts (sent directly from the issuing institution to the Admissions Office) of all work completed at the post-secondary level. Admission decisions will be based on a review of this work with emphasis on the most recent levels of academic achievement. The Admissions Office may request additional information including high school transcripts.
- Students who have been academically dismissed elsewhere will not be considered for admission until at least 12 months have passed since the dismissal took effect.
- Please note that some programs have specific entrance requirements for transfer students. Please consult the program description for the degree as these additional requirements are also binding.
- Meeting the minimum requirement does not guarantee admission.
- Transfer applicants from a post-secondary institution may be admitted under the following:
- Students who present a GPA of 2.0 or higher and who meet the specific program requirements may be admitted to their program of choice.
- Students who lack the required admissions average and/or are missing specific admission requirements may be considered for admission on conditional standing. Conditions for acceptance may include such requirements as:
- Upgrading courses and/or additional coursework
- Being required to take the Academic Success course
- Meeting with an Academic Advisor
Failure to disclose all previous post-secondary study at the time of application may result in dismissal from the University.
Admission to some programs may require specific prerequisites and/or academic average levels. See 2.1.6 Additional Admission Requirements for further details.