Mount Saint Vincent University welcomes transfer students. Inquiries regarding potential transfer credits should be directed to the Registrar’s Office.
Normally a maximum of 2.0 units of graduate credit may be transferred.
At the time of application, transfer applicants must submit official transcripts (sent directly from the issuing institution to the Admissions Office) from all post-secondary institutions attended regardless of whether transfer credit is expected or desired.
Transfer credits are not formally awarded to those admitted and initially registered as non-degree students. Once confirmation of admission to a credential program occurs, transfer credits are then formally awarded and recorded on the student’s Graduate Program Data Form and transcript.
Continuing your Graduate Education at the MountThe following policies are in place to enable students to continue their graduate education at the Mount. Students will not be permitted to double-count a course towards more than one graduate credential.
Transferring CreditStudents may transfer up to 2.0 units of graduate courses into a degree program at the Mount. The following rules apply:
- These transfer credits cannot have been used to complete the course requirements for another graduate degree.
- These transfer credits must have appropriate content as approved by the graduate program Coordinator. Students should consult with a program advisor prior to requesting transfer credit.
- These transfer credits must have been completed within the last five years unless approved by the graduate program Coordinator.
- Graduate students cannot claim credit for graduate courses taken as part of a concurrent registration at another institution. Please refer to the regulations regarding Letter of Permission courses.
Completing another Graduate DegreeStudents are welcome to complete more than one graduate degree. The following rules apply:
- Students may complete more than one graduate degree provided that the courses required for a subsequent degree(s) have not be credited towards a previously completed graduate degree and the program of study will result in a distinct credential.
- Students registering to complete a thesis-based degree after completing a non-thesis degree in the same program area must complete a Master of Arts, Master of Science or a Research Master of Arts.
- It is possible to have a previously obtained non-thesis degree rescinded and replaced by a Master of Arts or a Master of Science. In the case of a rescinded degree, courses taken for the rescinded degree may be transferred towards the new degree. Students must fulfill the requirements and meet Mount Saint Vincent University regulations for the MA or MSc. Students interested in this option must obtain approval from a program advisor of the Registrar.