Mount Online Learning Platform Maintenance and Upgrade Activities
The Teaching and Learning Center and Online Learning (TLCOL) and IT&S are committed to ensuring that the teaching and learning technologies used by faculty and students at the university are properly maintained and upgraded on a regular basis.
Maintenance periods are scheduled in advance and occur outside of class start and end dates and exam schedules as per the academic calendar.
- Please be reminded that based on the academic calendar term dates, TLCOL and IT&S will be performing important upgrade, maintenance and security tasks in Moodle in between each term.
- Maintenance periods are chosen based on the last day of classes, exam schedules, and grades needing to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
- During these maintenance periods, Moodle will be unavailable to faculty and students.
- Normally, the maintenance period is between 2-3 days depending on the level of work being completed.
- The dates are communicated as soon as possible and in several ways – Moodle Dashboard, Moodle login screens, email to faculty, TLCOL Intranet site, TLCOL website, TLCOL newsletter and the Campus Bulletin.
- If you are teaching a course outside of the regular academic calendar dates and you require the use of Moodle and Ultra during this time, please email email@example.com to discuss possible alternatives.
Moodle Maintenance and Upgrade Complete
Moodle has successfully been upgraded from version 3.3 to 3.5. TLCOL and IT&S appreciate your understanding and patience while we implemented this important maintenance and upgrade project.
New for Students in Moodle 3.5
- Course images or coloured patterns will display on your Dashboard
- When uploading to a quiz essay question, easily see which file types are accepted
- A new default text editor is available, with a new editor toolbar layout
- Visit Moodle.org for more information